Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gamakatsu

Not your mother's Democratic Party

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

So much for the party that looks out for the little guy. They are being driven by corporate interests and lobby, along with buying votes from those who do nothing. They are crapping on the life blood of the American economy; the small business--The very people they are supposed to be representing. We are in the most anti economic growth environment I've seen in my lifetime.

Finreg is a joke. HC bill is devastating to small businesses on many fronts. If you want to provide a social program, raise taxes to fund it and cut spending elsewhere. If the backlash is too great, figure out something else. Instead they are attacking a block of voters that don't have enough money to line their election coffers and is too small to vote them out of office, yet has the income to be taxed (for now) in all sorts of direct and indirect ways.

The Libertarians are not for me because they feel campaign finance reform is unconstitutional and corporate influence will only grow. They are more anarchists than they care to admit. Their all or nothing approach to politics will never succeed anyway. I also believe in a very basic social safety network for those who are truly in need and access to medical care for all (there is still a bit of liberal left in me), but not a state in which able bodied people get Section 8.

The Republicans are not for me because their social agenda sucks and they are also owned by corporate America. I have nothing against large corporations, except with the amount of influence they have on our politicians. Besides, the Republicans have proven themselves to be just as fiscally irresponsible as the Dems.

For now, I'm done with the Dems. Don't know who's going to get my vote, but it won't be any of the incumbent Dems.

welcome back to the fold Gami. Did you get mugged or something? Conservatism is the only way for ALL to increase prosperity. BTW, republicans today are no more conservative than the red-diaper-doper babies of yesteryear.

Actually we Libertarians "understand" that campaign finance reform is unconstitutional. Not "feel".

You could be a rather interesting case study for SOL, especially with respect to the takeover of the medical business.

None of the leftists are ready to do what you just did. You, in your first sentence stated that the democrat party are actually not for the little people. Now what I would like to find out is what they ever did to make a person like you believe that they actually were for the little guy. But we'll get to that later. Lets start at the end and go backwards.

You Gami carried the water for the takeover of the medical business like nobody else on this website. Now I was quite baffled by this, you being a small biz owner and/or independent operator in some field (antiques, art? Sorry don't recall), and as such you had no real way to ride on the discounts of a large business group policy. Right? There are some others in that boat here (myself included).

My understanding of current political thought (last 200 years anyway) has always been that a person like yourself has a BIG RED target painted on your back by the left. You are not part of some collective, you are independent in your business dealings. See I understand that, you somehow missed it till it was put directly in your face.

I am in the exact same boat. As a private contractor in a field that has always been driven, owned, and run by freelance individuals, I have seen the government's reaction (right and left). Insurance was tough, but I understand the fact that the current medical insurance structure (the one that you and many others bemoan) was created in a very large part by government. That is the first reason I opposed the government takeover. They broke it to start-allowing them to fix (fix has never ever been the goal) is just plain insane.

I have an insurance solution. I found one all by myself, but thats another story.

You called for the leftists to gain more control of the medical business. They have completed the first stages of the takeover (done a very good job-single payer is almost absolutely assured in this bill).

You know left wing political philosophy, you have proven it here for years.

You know that a person like yourself (not closely tied a social or economic collective) is expendable and that in the end you will get nothing till you "learn to love Big Brother".

Knowing all that, you supported it. You supported through your free speech here on SOL (something else that the wolves are circling by the way). I will guess you supported this stuff with your votes. You may have even supported this with your money.

You wanted cheap insurance and quality doctors and you voted for and supported people that by their own admission, strive to make the medical business more expensive to most people (and free for the true believers), and to make the biz "fair" by lowering the quality. Moreover, you supported people who understand that the power to determine who lives and who dies is the ultimate power-make no mistake, they are getting there through your support (you cast a vote that you will never ever be able to take back).

So my question to start on this inquiry is;

What happened over the last five years, before, during, and after the Obama/Pelosi regime rose to power, that made you vote so directly against your own best interests as a human being? Knowing full well what they would do to you, you supported it. What made you do it?

Glad to see you back, glad to see you are questioning others that would harm you and your family.

View Post

Instead they are attacking a block of voters that don't have enough money to line their election coffers and is too small to vote them out of office, yet has the income to be taxed (for now) in all sorts of direct and indirect ways.

Finally. Folks are beginning to understand that the Nancy Pelosi version of the Democrat party is an enemy of the middle class.

The strategy of both catering to big business and building long term entitlement programs results in the middle class getting pummeled.

The next thing to watch out for is amnesty, excuse me, I meant "immigration reform". If Nancy can confer voting rights to 12 million more folks in the much lower income category... the incomes where entitlements are seen as "free money"... we get to watch the "middle class" slowly slide into extinction.

The long standing liberal theory that there are enough rich folks to float the millions of poor folks into the middle class is bunk. But, they can't let that dream go - because it is the key to their power, so the middle class will need to foot the bill.

Between now and 2012 you will see a third part emerge and it will be a strong one. Alot of Dems and Repubs will leave their party and come together in this new party.

We should and will see alot of emcumbents votd out this November. I only hope that the Dems lose control. Not that I am a Rep, but to balance out this mess we have in DC.

I see say and will stick to it, OBE won't make 2012.

In most other countries, they have more then one party to choose, I think it's time for us to have more choices. Not all of us like black and white, left or right.

I can only hope. But, funding is what drives the power of the parties and a new party will need to build up funds. Not as much funds, because it's easier to sell something that is in demand and a new party is not only in demand, but needed.

We're the people that don't want much, so the politicians can't buy us. If they can't buy us, we're not worth listening to. Politicians grow in the fertile soil of greed. Their's, and that of the people whose votes they can buy with our money.

View Post

" I also believe in a very basic social safety network for those who are truly in need ... but not a state in which able bodied people get Section 8."

"...the Republicans have proven themselves to be just as fiscally irresponsible as the Dems."

I agree.

What timing. I just had a conversation yesterday with an old school dem. Guy was more conservative than me (not really but I was shocked). He was however more conservative than most so-called republicans in washington, and yes, somewhat socially liberal, which is where many level headed people reside.

dems, pubs; land of the lost if ya ask me.