Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ElSluggo

Wireless connection problem

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

My son loses wireless connection while playing games online every time the phone rings or call is made. What do you think the problem could be. We have verizon DSL and there is a small inline filter at the phone that they supplied. Thanks in advance for any help or advice

Most wireless routers run on 2.4Ghz frequencies. Do you have a 2.4Ghz cordless phone? You might be getting signal bounce.

Otherwise, as already stated make sure there is a good filter on every phone.

Thanks only have one cordless phone base have switched to new filter if that doesn't work will check frequency of phone I hope its not that just got the phones a short time ago

You might try getting rid of call waiting also..last ditch call verizon dsl help line see how well you understand a guy that speaks englich from New Delhi....

View PostMy son loses wireless connection while playing games online every time the phone rings or call is made. What do you think the problem could be. We have verizon DSL and there is a small inline filter at the phone that they supplied. Thanks in advance for any help or advice

Filters have to be installed, but also if the interenet works wired, and only drops off wirelessly then I would start with your cordless phones. If they are 2.4 ghz then they are in the same frequency range as the router, get newer cordless phones. I have seen this solve the problem more times than not.

View PostYou need filters on all your phone lines.Not just one.

Not necessarily, we will some time use a micro filter/splitter for phones, and only send the data on a home run to the modem. wink.gif

Also sat dish boxes hooked to the phone will need to be filtered, home alarms etc.

I am a big fan of Home Run Lines after 7 years of not having one. I learned after this time span that no matter what you do the issue seems to pop up time and time again. All near term fixes are temporary until something else new gets introduced to the environment.

You will waste plenty of time with the service provider, charges for them to come to your house, etc.

In my case the last straw was the Plasma TV I bought. They emit interference like a SOB and my DSL went right down the toilet whenever the plasma got turned on.

There are devices called Pots Splitters you can order and install needed for the HR line. The HR line is a separation of the DSL signal from your telephone line at the phone box.. Get one, install one, and be done with it. (your phone line network is a pretty good antenna for any detrimental noise in your DSL line case you did not know it.)

I did a detailed write up on how I installed my on my own. You will learn a ton. You might have to get a hold of a modem that collects signal to noise data like I did to verify progress and analyze the situation. Ebay has them cheap, Or, if you don't want to do this on your own, have your service provider install it for you for so many hundred dollars.

My write up: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r232...rmance-problem