Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
digger

Boat aground in the Manasquan Inlet

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

The American Eagle is reported to be fast aground on the North jetty in the Manasquan Inlet. No word on how it got there icon25.gif

I haven't seen it yet myself.

No spill of fuel or anything. If anyone gets out there, please post a photo.

Thanks

Digger

I test drove my new boat today out of clarks landing.

yeah, that boat looks to be in rough shape. it is there pretty much parrallel with the wharfside, on the other side of the river (near the "dog beach")

it appears to have taken on water (or is currently taking some on eek.gif . its looks real bow "heavy" frown.gif

We're considering now whether to pick her up whole with a crane barge or to float her off and beach her to off-load the fuel.

I'm leaning towards the float strategy. I'd really hate to drop her from a crane cwm31.gif

Digger

Is that the boat that was in Belmar all year with no name and half stripped down like it was going to be redone?

TimS

It is the same. It is not in any way related to the Golden Eagle any more. At one time it was run by the Leonard family along with the Golden Eagle and it's predecessor, the Lenny. Last I knew the American Eagle belonged to Mark Cambell but he was looking to sell it.

sunk1.JPG

it is located directly across from the Fishermans Memorial about 75 yds off the shore of Fishermans cove in Manasquan. i didnt have my camera when i was on the other side of the inlet but the boat looks to be stripped as Tim said maby he was makeing his way to drydock to get some paint..

They made it from Shark River to Manasquan Inlet before it started sinkin'...they coulda knocked 3 miles off the ride and just parked it on the Sea Girt Reef wink.gif

TimS