Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jig Man

Jigwalkers, 2 1/4 oz

40 posts in this topic

Jigwakers. Basically, a topwater, walk-the-dog type plug that sits slightly tail down in the water. I have used the Jigwalker from both the boat and from shore. I tend to favor a shorter surf rod for these if casting from shore. A 9 foot rod allows me to work the plug more efficiently without wearing myself out. I have worked them with 10 and 11 foot rods, but would stick with the 9 footer if I had the option. I consider the Jigwalker mostly a day time plug. They will work well in calm to moderately rough conditions (wind/waves/current). You can read more about how I use them here: http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...45#post7376645

So there is no confusion, the Jigwalker is not the same plug that RM Smith has out under the name Jigsmith. The first thing you will notice is that my airbrush skills are nowhere near as good as Ryan's redface.gif Second, the Jigwalker is a little bigger and a little different shape. The weight and hook location are also different than on Ryan's version. Action wise, the Jigwalker will glide a little easier while the Jigsmith creates a little more splash as the plug goes side to side. Both walk the dog well and quite easily. I carry both versions in my plug bag when on the beach. Last fall in Rhody, I reached for Ryan's version as much as I did my own as I have as much confidence in his plug as I do my own.

A little over 6 inches and approximately 2 1/4 oz. $16 each, shipped. Limit 2, only one of a color. Paypal, check, money order all work.

1) White Scale, 11 available

2) Wonderbread, 10 available SOLD OUT

3) Yellow, 11 available

Jigman

View PostI'll take the 2 of those puppies in white scale if that's at least a 2/o hook on there.

3/0 VMC and spro swivel. Limit one color. Want to substitute another color for the second one?

Jigman

View Post3/0 VMC and spro swivel. Limit one color. Want to substitute another color for the second one?

Jigman

Sorry, I missed the limit per color part. I'll swap in the wonderbread. Just pm me your paypal address. Thanks!

View PostSorry, I missed the limit per color part. I'll swap in the wonderbread. Just pm me your paypal address. Thanks!

No worries! Wonderbread and white scale are yours. Thanks!

Jigman