Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tjc45

Shimano reel parts?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

The Handle Screw Cap for my Shimano Spheros 8000FB is MIA. Any ideas on where to find this part? My two local (we don't promote or discuss them here) shops are a no-go and the service center listed on Shimano's website blew me off. Help!!

Also, suggestions if i can't find a replacement?

What he ^ said.......although you have to be patient, as many times you can be on hold for 15 minutes+.

If you called that number and they blew you off (hard to believe), did they say why? Usually they are very good, and for something like that, will send it out gratis.

I didn't call that number. I called a local service center listed on the Shimano website. They weren't overly helpful.

THX for the phone number. i don't know why i didn't see that number on the website.

Ok to just tape over the opening until i get the part? I don't plan on swimming with it, just some fishin off a jetty.

View PostThe Handle Screw Cap for my Shimano Spheros 8000FB is MIA. Any ideas on where to find this part? My two local (not welcome here) shops are a no-go and the service center listed on Shimano's website blew me off. Help!!

Also, suggestions if i can't find a replacement?

Sit tight on this, i will touch base with shimaon rep on shimano mfr thread on another fishing web site, get back to you or you send me PM on status Al

Customer service is quite busy right now as they are also handling call on Loomis, so the number refelected above is valid, seen a post that another member been waitng 4 weeks for same part for a sustain cant say why , best I can do right now

View PostCustomer service is quite busy right now as they are also handling call on Loomis, so the number refelected above is valid, seen a post that another member been waitng 4 weeks for same part for a sustain cant say why , best I can do right now

THX,I'll call and see what i can do

I lost the cap on my sustain called Shimano they sent me one free ... hit or miss on the free I was told they do it from time to time to make room for new stock..