Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skippylures

Positioning and weight101,,by skippylures

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

cwm15.gif Unless it is on the golfcourse I do not know what a cad isbiggrin.gif

The amount of theorys of weight and placement can fill a book.cwm31.gif

highfive.gif I am going to show you how I do it with a very complicated 5 cent tool,, again just sharing my lessons learned.....

cwm40.gif Lets assume we are using three screweyes on this plugwink.gif

Okay after lip is on and trimmed, find the center of the plug using my very complicated state of the art method, seasaw center is hanger position, a half inch behind that is where I would put my weight, start with the smallest amount you can, just enough to keep the plug casting straight, eventually your experiences will challenge you to not use any weight at all..

note,,, this would also be the spot I would use if I was doing a jointed, and just seasaw both pieces for their own seperate hanger positions..

i use a hack saw blade mounted in a piece of wood with the teeth facing up. when you find the center balance point of the plug, just lightly push down and the teeth will mark the plug for ya,

View Posti use a hack saw blade mounted in a piece of wood with the teeth facing up. when you find the center balance point of the plug, just lightly push down and the teeth will mark the plug for ya,

niiiicesmile.gif

Same method but use 2 units of the "complicated" tool. Start by placing plug (or whatever length of material you want the centre of) with each end resting on a tool bridging them. Next move the 2 tool toward each other with the material on top. The 2 tools will meet(touch) in the centre. Just try it with ur fingers as the tool and any length of anything to prove to urself this works.

(Explained but you do not have to know wink wink) Friction and weight distribution makes this happen. When you push toward the centre from both sides, the side that is heavier will increase friction btw the tool and itself. This friction force will become higher and higher until it stops the heavier end moving, allowing the other side to move in. When it has moved enough to changed the balance again, the opposite side will creep in toward the centre. So on and so forth until both tools meet in the centre (of weight, not by length).

View PostSame method but use 2 units of the "complicated" tool. Start by placing plug (or whatever length of material you want the centre of) with each end resting on a tool bridging them. Next move the 2 tool toward each other with the material on top. The 2 tools will meet(touch) in the centre. Just try it with ur fingers as the tool and any length of anything to prove to urself this works.

(Explained but you do not have to know wink wink) Friction and weight distribution makes this happen. When you push toward the centre from both sides, the side that is heavier will increase friction btw the tool and itself. This friction force will become higher and higher until it stops the heavier end moving, allowing the other side to move in. When it has moved enough to changed the balance again, the opposite side will creep in toward the centre. So on and so forth until both tools meet in the centre (of weight, not by length).

clapping.gifclapping.gif