Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yougster

Tsunami Airwave overrated.

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I have the 11 foot 3-5 oz model. spinning.

This thing is rated 3-5???!?!!

yeah right, i can toss bombers with it at least 60-70 feet. not that far but with a rod like this it is great. i tried throwing a 4 oz lead, the rod was totally stoopid. you could tell it was too much for it. id say it would be good for 1-3 oz. maybe 3/4 of an ounce but that's pushing it. Anyone else feel this way?

I see guys using them in the Cape Cod Canal a LOT. Lots of guys throwing lead in there too.

4oz lead IS a lot though. Why are you saying the rod is "totally stupid" when casting? What is it doing?

yep their weight ratings are certainly overrrated

with my 8 footer, it says up to 3 oz

well i am not going to load a lure over 2 oz

in fact i even cast senkos in freshwater with that rod- enough backbone to pull bass out of lily pads too!

i have the 11' 4-10oz conventional........ i can chuck a bunker noggin and 6oz of lead, and the rod doesnt even blink.... i am pretty sure i could throw a little more with it and be ok.....

my 11' airwave can handle 4oz sinker+worm, no problem at all.

and you said tossing bomber, 60 ~70 feet? try 9' airwave, I can reach almost 150 feet with A salt(unloaded) on my 9' under no wind condition.

I have 7' 9' 11' Airwave, IMO actually lure weight for them should be 7'(3/8oz~1.7oz), 9'(3/4oz~2.5oz), 11'(1.5oz ~ 4oz)

That's not especially a bad thing.

The world is stocked with a ton of fantastic rods designed to chuck hardware just shy of the weight of a Buick. When you're dealing with lighter offerings many of the selections are underrated and it's hard to get a solid load out of them.

My 9 footer Tsunami has replaced all of my ten footers this year. I only went large because I needed the rod to load. Now I can go with smaller offerings with the lighter setup and save the wear and tear on my wrists, arms and hands.

View Posti have the 11' 4-10oz conventional........ i can chuck a bunker noggin and 6oz of lead, and the rod doesnt even blink.... i am pretty sure i could throw a little more with it and be ok.....

You probably mean Tsunami Trophy, not Airwaive...

View PostI have the 11 foot 3-5 oz model. spinning.

This thing is rated 3-5???!?!!

yeah right, i can toss bombers with it at least 60-70 feet. not that far but with a rod like this it is great. i tried throwing a 4 oz lead, the rod was totally stoopid. you could tell it was too much for it. id say it would be good for 1-3 oz. maybe 3/4 of an ounce but that's pushing it. Anyone else feel this way?

I bought an 11 ft airwave a couple of years ago when they came out just thought they were a cool looking rod to have in the fleet. Broke off the first foot tossing a 2 oz. Diamond jig! They are way over rated. As far as the other tsunami products I have an 11ft. conventional rated to 10oz. I toss whole bunker and 8 oz. with it no problems not to mention the fact it looks like it has been through a meat grinder for the last 3 years and it won't die!