Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flukeu626

First plug would like input

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Hi y'all my name is chris this is my first post on here. I have been admiring all of the plugs u have made on here so i decided to try my hand at it and wanted to know how i was doing and where to go from here im trying to figure out how to upload pics bare with me . As of now im think im done carving the lure where to go from here thank u in advance

View PostI'm having trouble posting pics can someone help , where do u guys get your through wire n gromets thanks again

Easiest way to post pics is put them on your desktop, make a post and at the bottom of the page you will see "manage attachments", click that, hit browse, find your pic, double click it and then hit "upload".

If the pic is too big, you can edit the pic in MS Paint by clicking Image/Resize/Skew, type 50 in the Horizontal, 50 in the Veritical, click ok and the pic will shrink. Then click Save or Save as and overwrite the old file.

You can also share pics from sites like Photobucket....

Looks like you are off to a good start! Shove some weight up his backend and see if he splashes like a baitfish that has abandoned all hope. The search feature will probably give you some weighting ideas for how it needs to sit in the water, as well as other ideas that can be incorporated into a pencil.

As a new builder as well, some of the best advice I have read is (paraphrased) "learn all you can; then throw out half of it and do what you want" - the fish will tell you what works and doesn't.

A word of warning...this stuff is like crack...it's all over once you get the first fish on one of yours...

N.

Very nice first attempt. Test them, fish them. If they are what you want you're good. If not make changes in next few.

Thanks guys I started out hand carving it for a little then I bought a dremel bit and finished it with that . Now after I drill the hole for the through wire n put it in what should I do next and with what

Not saying this to discourage you...AND you're working with hand tools...

Take a look a the the plug that you're trying to mimic, now look at yours (as I am). You can see that they are not the same shape...little bulge about mid plug and it appears as though the bulg on top is not at the same spot as the bulge on the bottom. It may be just camera angle, but if not...Do a little more shaping to get those 2 areas even (in same spot) stuff some lead in the butt and have at it for testing...should be just fine.

Then do searches for sealing, painting and finish coating (or go without this if they're just for you).

Yeah I knew about the bulge it is off but it is just for me n i tried to get rid of the bulge but didn't want to have it end up ultra skinny, thanks I'm going to keep at it this one is going to be finised up n fished I will try n hone in my skills on the next one maybe a pikie

If you're going to leave it as is, be sure to put your belly hook on the same side as the bigger of the 2 bumps, that will keep the hooks in the down position. For a totally hand done plug by a new builder, you've done quite well. Keep at it and when you get your lathe it'll be a piece of cake. Even if you choose to do all plugs by hand you'll develop skills you didn't know that you have!icon14.gif