Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goodeyesniper75

first time in VA

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

hey my gf and some friends are going to spend the weekend near cape charles. Im an avid angler and was wondering what i should be prepared for and what i should bring. thanks guys any info would help thanks

cape charles and kiptopeke both have piers that are 24 hours. kiptopeke produces big flounder (18.5 keeper). croaker, sea mullet, and spot can be had on shrimp, squid, or bloodworms. at night trout and small blues by the lights. you don't need a fishing license to fish kipto, but need to pay parking and pier fee. cape charles pier is free and has a blanket fishing license.

View Postcape charles and kiptopeke both have piers that are 24 hours. kiptopeke produces big flounder (18.5 keeper). croaker, sea mullet, and spot can be had on shrimp, squid, or bloodworms. at night trout and small blues by the lights. you don't need a fishing license to fish kipto, but need to pay parking and pier fee. cape charles pier is free and has a blanket fishing license.

I wouldn't be so sure about a blanket license that covers you for these two piers???

kiptopeke - fishing from pier no saltwater license is needed ($3 day/adult, $1 children) you do need a license if your fishing from the shore http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/kip.shtml

cape charles pier - the town purchased a saltwater recreational pier fishing license to cover those fishing from the pier, so individual licenses are not necessary http://www.mrc.virginia.gov/vsrfdf/capecharles.shtm

Good info Kipto. I must of misread a sign there last time I was at Kiptopeke. I probably read the one that stated that from the beach (the non pay area) a person must posess a license.