Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dena

How do Eagles fan's feel...?

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

How do yous guys feel about starting the season with a new QB?

I was listening to a DC radio station, and to them McNabb is the second coming of the rapture. The hosts could not sing Donovan's praises enough.

Not too much lamenting the loss of Jason Campbell though. One even made the statement that it was good to have a good QB in town now.

I was just wondering how losing your QB will affect the Eagles this coming season.

I still don't know, If its a down year with kolb so be it. Hopefully he can pull something out his arse and we can be competitive.

I'll have a better feel after training camp. Right now we don't even know who the back-up QB will be. I'm hoping the Commish suspends him for life if not at least this season. Good riddance!

its gonna be a really long year for the eagles and skins and im going to love every minute of it. ill be sure to take the under on total wins next time im in vegas.

McNabb is an aged and injury prone QB..... That being said he was the best Eagle's QB in their history. His best years are well behind him but he's still an above average QB. Maybe place him somewhere between 10-15 in the league.

I think the skinz will be burned on the deal. One way or another McNabb will either be injured(bad O line down there) or he will choke when it counts.

As far as the current Eagles I am excited to see what Kolb can do. I don't expect them to make the playoffs as this is now well into a full rebuild. They need a better defense more than anything at this point.

John

he will choke when it counts.

This would be a step forward for the

Redskins.

We are accustomed to having our QB choke when it doesn't countbiggrin.gif

I'll have a better feel for things after training camp, but with the 2 game preview last season i'm looking forward to seeing what Kolb can bring to the table.

Plus i'm tired of seeing my teams qb throw ball after ball into the dirt so his recievers have to pull something out of their ass to gain any yards after the catch.

I still see a 8 or 9 win season this year though. A very tough second half schedule mixed in with an O line that we still aren't sure about makes me a little nervous.

View Post

Plus i'm tired of seeing my teams qb throw ball after ball into the dirt so his recievers have to pull something out of their ass to gain any yards after the catch.

Exactly..If I had to watch one more receiver have to stop and wait for a pass to get to him or go back and catch it, thats one too many..

They'll be fine with Kolb. He doesn't have to be great. Just get the ball to them in stride..

I think Kolb will be solid if not good. He'll have his ups and downs this year, but I'm not expecting anything- I'd be happy with 7 or 8 wins as long as Kolb shows growth.

It is looking more and more likely that Vick is headed back into the doghouse....if Goodell suspends him for what happened at his birthday party,the Eagles will go into the season without both their starter from last season and the expected backup for Kolb.....

that sure wont make the decision to dump Dono look any smarter...

and it wont make the decision to sign Vick look any smarter...

or make the fans feel any better about Reid dumping Dawkins too soon...

but it sure will make for an interesting season in Phillytongue.gif

View PostIt is looking more and more likely that Vick is headed back into the doghouse....if Goodell suspends him for what happened at his birthday party,the Eagles will go into the season without both their starter from last season and the expected backup for Kolb.....

that sure wont make the decision to dump Dono look any smarter...

and it wont make the decision to sign Vick look any smarter...

or make the fans feel any better about Reid dumping Dawkins too soon...

but it sure will make for an interesting season in Phillytongue.gif

What happens with Vick will not matter in either case. This is Kolb's year to prove he can be the guy for the next ten years. It's all his. If he gets hurt and is out it won't matter eitherway. The Eagles won't be going to the playoffs. I suspect the Skinz will not be going eitherwink.gif I can't wait to start hearing the same complaints from Skinz fans that we heard around here..... But hey McNabb's better than Campbell...highfive.gif

John