Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Will K

Lami: IC70MHS

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

Ok guys.

I've converted to 90% fly this year for my salt water fishing... but, I still enjoy tossing plugs now and again. My old trusty rod, the guides were I aluminum and are finally starting to corrode, and are nicking the line. My initial plan was to just pick up a sub 100$ rod I could fish some plugs/metal/plastic on on days I'm tired of the fly or if I just want a change of pace.

Most of my fishing is shore bound, but every now and then Ill go out with a friend in a boat... I'm not looking for a perfect surf or perfect boat road, rather, I'm looking for a rod that can work solidly for either.

Looking at my old rod, the action lure weight and length's are similar for the rod noted above... but I'm curious if any of you surf guru's know much about that rod? I saw I can get it off SOL for 175, which is a little more than I wanted to spend, but not breaking the budget... And being a lami I'm assuming I'd have the rod for a LONG time. Is that rod a solid option for all around use, or should I just go with a simple Tsunami or base model Diawa or something?

Will