Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sorelippin

Change of plans

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p225389

This is where I will be staying for our little family reunion on the Cape...place is SICK! Beach is out the back door...gotta check out this link. I know some of you locals down there must know exactly where this is...homeowner states the fishing is great during our stay in early Sept. I know I started a thread asking for help in the East Orleans area around Briar point but does anyone know if fishing right out the back door here is a good idea??? Thoughts??? Thanks!!!

place is nice, hope you have a big family to share cost

in Sep there should be fish out back on the beach and maybe out front in the creek system esp at night and the canal is a short car ride away, I'd plan on walking/fishing the beach from out back and north twd the creek mouth esp dawn, dusk, night, Sep fish may show any time

Sick place Jesse. I was going to suggest the same as capequahog. Fish the beach and walk north. Canal is just a short ride as well, but sadly, there are no fish there. frown.gif

That's what we're all trained to say...NO FISH! I get it. Well, I'll do some more research unless someone wants to graciously give up some info and we'll have a boat too with a ride for a couple lucky soulsbeers.gif

Yep, that is a fishy area. Your lucky...private beach and all. I can think of two Sandwich residents who would kill to park in your driveway and fish that whole area. wink.gif

Your facing the Bay, and it would be my suggestion you get a pair of binoculars, and at first light each morning and prior to sundown, scan the waters off that deck of yours to the left and then to the right. Look for birds and /or feeding fish. In fact do this anytime your out on that deck. If you see activity, rush down and start casting (and catching).

Also bottom fish....drop a chunk of bait and lead on the bottom at night one hour before to one hour after high water.

In glassing to the right and left you'll note there will be inlets. The one to your left will be closer to you than the one to your right. Both are fishy on dropping water. Beware of walking out with chest waders around those inlets on outgoing water.......folks have been caught on shifting sands and have been upended near the mouth of that inlet to your right.

Yep, that is a fishy area. Your lucky...private beach and all. I can think of two Sandwich residents who would kill to park in your driveway and fish that whole area. wink.gif

Sandwich residents,,,How about Hyannis/Acton guys????!!!!!....ha ha ha.

Nice spot. My Bro-in-law used to live just a bit to the East....very fishy in September, especially if there is a Northerly blow for a few days. At least it used to be fishy, but sadly there are NO FISH there any longertongue.gif

Dennis

View PostYep, that is a fishy area. Your lucky...private beach and all. I can think of two Sandwich residents who would kill to park in your driveway and fish that whole area. wink.gif

Sandwich residents,,,How about Hyannis/Acton guys????!!!!!....ha ha ha.

Nice spot. My Bro-in-law used to live just a bit to the East....very fishy in September, especially if there is a Northerly blow for a few days. At least it used to be fishy, but sadly there are NO FISH there any longertongue.gif

Dennis

I'll pick you up Dennis. Already told him I'm parking there all week wink.gif

Wow! That is one sweet place! I've been looking to rent a place on the water for my family in an area with potential but that is just a little, well a lot out of my range. Good luck and I hope you do well.