Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
c4charlie

Little one is now swimming

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

My little one who is 3, almost 4 is now swimming 100% on his own. highfive.gif

So now he can join his older brother who is 5 around the pool.

I highly recommend the Learn to Swim flotation device. It is a flotation device that has removable foam inserts. It makes it very easy to teach them. You keep removing the foam inserts as they get better. For the past couple weeks he has had just 2 or 3 in the flotation device so he had the form and swimming pretty much fully developed. Once he took it off and jumped in, he automatically was swimming on his own.

Here is a small image of the type of flotation device I am talking about which I highly recommend. Found the pic on the internet.

Charlie, you have a model number or something more specific on the Learn to Swim trainer? I took a quick google and didn't see it.

Thanks

Alan

Alan,

All of the writing and even the tag on the ones we have are worn out but when we purchased a few years back, Walmart/Target and all of the other stores had them.

We do have another one with foam inserts that is a similar design that is made by AquaSwim Aqua Leisure.

I am starting to think that they may have taken them off the market and replaced by 'dumber' flotation devices that do not require as much adult supervision.

The ones I have are considered progressive flotation devices. In the USA, most products that require a brain to use properly and involve children lives are most likely taken off the market because it leaves the companies open to lawsuits. The concept is brilliant on being able to remove flotation and it works. I am not sure where to find them anymore. I was surprised when I searched online as well.

Alan,

I take back some of what I said. They are still available for purchase. Do a search on the following:

Swimways Power Swimr

Not sure why it is SwimR but that works. Amazon even has them.

My kids learned to swim at 3 1/2 years old with just water wings in the 3 foot deep section of the pool at the yacht club. Their 6 1/2 now and only stay in the deep end.