Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChocoLab

Star Rod/Penn Slammer 560 combo

11 posts in this topic

Looking to sell a great striper/big fish setup that I just don't use much. I think this is great for the yak or boat fisherman. I looking to fund a different purchase. Would prefer local sale in eastern MA but can ship, will split the cost of shipping as I already have a tube.

Rod: Star Stellar Lite SG1525ISL 15-25# line, 7'6" 1/2-2 1/2 lure rating. Fuji guides and reel seat. Cork handles in great condition. Nice fast tip but lots of backbone, great for throwing bigger plugs. I'd say lure rating is right on. Handles a 2oz pencil w/ ease.

Reel: Penn Slammer 560 loaded w/ 300 yds of 40# yellow power pro that was spooled new beginning of this season. Reel is in great condition, looks nearly new. I've greased the drag w/ Cal's, bearings lubed w/ corrosion x.

Both were purchased on here in excellent used condition. They have been used a total of 2-3 times by me over the past year and are in great condition still. Looking for $170 for the combo, do not want to split them up at this point. Paypal preferred, MO also accepted if necessary. Pics tomorrow.

I'd do the rod alone shipped for $95... FYI, that rod retails for about $140 and although not as well known up here as some other makers, Star makes a hell of a nice stick.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0