TimS is on a 4 days tile trip out on the Viking in Montauk. Let's wager on how many tiles he will catch?

Rate this topic

cougar91

Aaaruuuugh!  :mad:   Lichum  i sent you a PM with the link.  Fabulous camera work, IMHO.  Perhaps you are clever enough to share it?  :p

Years ago, another member posted that pic; I'm not sure if he took that picture or he found it on the www.

"Who is John Galt?"
Who?
You?

No, I sent another series of an Osprey fishing...wink.gif   But, I can't seem to get the links to work.  You would love to see them.  

Google   steves-digicam   July 12, 2007   (I found it by searching:  Osprey fishing for carpHappyWave.gif

Oh well...

I fished once at 400', nice calm day only three foot swells long rollers

after so many doubles of Pollock & Redfish my arms were wrecked

I just kept fishing,

on the up swell I rested the rod on the rail

going down I cranked for all I was worth

lotta fish that day

lotta pain too

but the smile remained the same

sweetheart

I'm back :wave: Sore, but back :) The weatherman should be available for putting in a giant bird cage so we can take turns poking him with a sharp stick :squid:

light and variable turned to 5-10 - then after 4 hours in the truck and a 13 hour boat ride, 135 miles offshore, by 10 am it 10-15...and by noon it was blowing around 20kt and building :mad:

500ft of water? That would have been awesome....but no, we fished from 650ft to 1000ft :b: I fished every minute of every drift from 6:15am till it got dark :wave: I'm scared to guess how many miles of line I cranked with 2# or 3# of lead plus a fair number of critters over those 14 hours...the speed of our drift required dumping so much line it was frightening...I'm guessing at 800ft it probably took 1000ft of line just to hit bottom...and probably 2000ft of line before you hooked up :scared: So lets call each drop conservatively about a 1/3 of a mile - I probably cranked 20-30 miles of line...with POUNDS of lead, lol.

It was a great experience, I'm gonna do it again - but next time, we are gonna plan on fishing one day, not three. We only got to fish one day and the last third of that day was just barely fishable...but I ended up (fishing 1/3 as much time as we planned) landing somewhere around 6-7 tiles, 2 wreckfish, 2-3 big cusk, and 4-5 good sized white hake :th: It was Mike's second trip, I think he had me on each of the critters except wreckfish - he only landed one of them...I escaped the species sweep :)

Looking forward to the next time - it only takes one trip for me to come up with all kinds of ideas on how to be much better prepared for the second one :read:

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Tim is in the market for an electric reel if anyone has one :p
Not a chance...I like to do my fishing like a man :wave: There should be some boat rules about no electric reels until the winds is blowing over 20 :p

Funny thing...I was told no electric reels, so I didn't bring one even though Gary warned me...sure as ****, 33% of the "no electric reels" crowd had ******* electric reels strapped to the reel after about 10 minutes :squid:

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.