Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hunt for blueessss

repainting OTHER penns

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

so i'm looking for a new project to do. i was thinking a 712 drilled and repainted with something crazy, it's a good rod for bombers and lighter lures the kids i fish with use, bucktails etc, BUT they get jealous that mine has a cool paint job and there's is black and gold.

will the black and gold come off? is it paint that's easy to remove like the old greenies paint? do the newer ones have an anodized coating underneath?

thanks for the help everybody.

the 712 i currently have was donated by a member here for the kids i take fishing throughout the summer. we started early and fished our hearts out, then i was swamped with work, i figure since we have a heat wave this week it'd be the perfect time to redo the reel and have a surprise for them in a few weeks. i posted a wtb in the bst so if anyone has any they'd like to sell soon feel free to let me know.

or if you would like a custom reel painted by the kids! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

View Postso i'm looking for a new project to do. i was thinking a 712 drilled and repainted with something crazy, it's a good rod for bombers and lighter lures the kids i fish with use, bucktails etc, BUT they get jealous that mine has a cool paint job and there's is black and gold.

will the black and gold come off? is it paint that's easy to remove like the old greenies paint? do the newer ones have an anodized coating underneath?

Yep they strip down the same and yes there anodized underneath, I don't think you should mess with the gold anodized spools

thanks for the help everybody.

the 712 i currently have was donated by a member here for the kids i take fishing throughout the summer. we started early and fished our hearts out, then i was swamped with work, i figure since we have a heat wave this week it'd be the perfect time to redo the reel and have a surprise for them in a few weeks. i posted a wtb in the bst so if anyone has any they'd like to sell soon feel free to let me know.

or if you would like a custom reel painted by the kids! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

m

i know you're the penn champ lion, so what to do about nicks on the gold spool? have you done any gold spool penns?

is it easier to sandblast or use paint stripper? will sandblasting take off the anodized coating underneath the black paint?