A warning for members about rod racks

Rate this topic

CHIEF500

Sorry to hear that Chief. I had one on my 02 Yota . It would be on my truck from March til Nov. It was a small flip down cooler rack for the front with a custom made mount on a front hitch. Came out of a Home Depot and noticed some thing looked funny.. The rack was gone.. But it was locked with a locking hitch pin so they took a cordless sawzall or grinder and cut the tubes. Scrap prices going up bring out all the crack heads and yes they are all crack heads!!

The scrap yards are no better and if it went to scrap someone at the yard took it and will never tell you if they saw it. Chalk it up to now we know.. damn crack heads!!:shock:

Sorry to hear that Chief. I had one on my 02 Yota . It would be on my truck from March til Nov. It was a small flip down cooler rack for the front with a custom made mount on a front hitch. Came out of a Home Depot and noticed some thing looked funny.. The rack was gone.. But it was locked with a locking hitch pin so they took a cordless sawzall or grinder and cut the tubes. Scrap prices going up bring out all the crack heads and yes they are all crack heads!!

The scrap yards are no better and if it went to scrap someone at the yard took it and will never tell you if they saw it. Chalk it up to now we know.. damn crack heads!!:shock:

Home Depots were a huge problem in Jersey, it seemed everyone was getting hit there. What these crooks do is sit and wait for people to pull in to the Depot and when they spot a nice setup there will be a guy who tails you around the store with one of those mini walkie talkie jobs and he keeps track of you.

He relays to the guys outside how much time they got while the guys outside work on stealing your stuff.:mad::mad:

Sorry Chief, Unfortunatley this is a common craze. I've had people I service at work claim that there copper leaders attached to their homes ripped off in the middle of the night , for scrap metal... My only wish, I would catch someone trying to heist something from my yard or home... What a surprise there gonna get !!! ;) I'm on complete lock down , everything goes into its safe place now... Its a F'd up world now...

My rod and my reel , thy comfort me ...

Thieves suck, scum of the earth. When caught they should be sentenced to hard labor at $1 an hour to pay off what they stole and payback the rightful owner. Or do like they do in Islamic cultures, off with a hand the first time.

Sorry, a victim of theft myself, I have zero tolerance or sympathy for them.

(I'm kidding about the amputation, I don't support torture, but these people never learn).

Well if it was an older house and they were copper gutters then they would have been worth big bucks. Lasy year my Dad who was a retired plumber had some old scrap copper and brass hanging around, he wanted to take it to a scrap dealer so we loaded it up and brought it down. We both had to show an ID and sign a document stating the stuff wasn't stolen (CT State law). He thought he had about $400 worth of scrap, should have seen the smile on his face when the guy gave him $1250

No, they were not copper gutters, just old regular aluminuim gutters

Quote:

Originally Posted by John B View Post

Between the sandal incident and now this, it is obvious your stuff is not safe with you. I think you should pack up all those nice wooden plugs you acquired at the flea markets over the years and bring them to me for safe keeping. smile.gif

You know John your right I can't be trusted with all the wonderful things I have. Get me your address and I'll send them to you. You can post it here or PM me it. biggrin.gif

I LIKE PIZZA!

Chief.....really sorry to hear the news. You and I had spoken before about this and you were kind enough to forward pictures and put me in touch with Mullet Miller. Unfortunately I did not wish to spend the money at the time, although it is the perfect solution to what I was considering.

Just a thought. I know this was a custom job that Mullet did for you. Although the cost were not out of line for the quality product the cost was what it was for a "one off" product. You might wish to check with others on SOL and if they had interest, maybe the price point would come down for Mullet for both material and labor......producing more than one at a time.........just a thought. I am still not so sure I could splurge at this point.......but others may have a interest.

You know John your right I can't be trusted with all the wonderful things I have. Get me your address and I'll send them to you. You can post it here or PM me it. :D

For security reasons we should meet in an undisclosed location.... :p

I ate one anchovy, and that is why I did not eat two anchovies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by John B View Post

For security reasons we should meet in an undisclosed location.... tongue.gif

I have the box full of plugs ready to ship. Post or PM me the address so I can send them  biggrin.gif

I won't tell anyone else. wink.gif

I LIKE PIZZA!