Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drakeskakes

MYTHBUSTERS!!!! Plugs! Plugs! Plugs! The facts of plugs. The know-all plug thread!

Rate this topic

79 posts in this topic

So I thought this could help a lot of people just getting into plug fishing, like me. cwm15.gif

- Post a fact or myth you've heard about a plug or

- Ask a question you were to embarrased to ask!

I would like to keep this thread on topic as much as possible and please only Bust or Confirm a Myth/Fact if your 110% posotive of your answer!

I will update this thread as much as possible so the first post contains the most pertinant information!

I'll start

I heard from a guy in the tackle shop this morning that you chose your plug according to the light. Brighter plugs for brighter days, dark plugs for over cast and night time. Can anyone support this?

View PostSo I thought this could help a lot of people just getting into plug fishing, like me. cwm15.gif

- Post a fact or myth you've heard about a plug or

- Ask a question you were to embarrased to ask!

I would like to keep this thread on topic as much as possible and please only Bust or Confirm a Myth/Fact if your 110% posotive of your answer!

I will update this thread as much as possible so the first post contains the most pertinant information!

I'll start

I heard from a guy in the tackle shop this morning that you chose your plug according to the light. Brighter plugs for brighter days, dark plugs for over cast and night time. Can anyone support this?

I can support this.

I also support the exact opposite of this theory.

Glad to help.

View PostI can support this.

I also support the exact opposite of this theory.

Glad to help.

Exactly! bright green and yellow have been some of my best bets at night

Since chrome reflects what's there, the dark at night and bright light in the day it is the perfect color for every thing but wood.

Peace