Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sorelippin

Briar Point in East Orleans - Need some help

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

My brother and his family along with my 4 pack and parents will all be staying at this place http://server.weneedavacation.com/Pr...opertyID=10844

the 2nd week in September for 9 days. Figured it was a good spot to rally everyone and a real nice time of year too. As an avid angler, I'm obviously trying to find out more about this area in regards to the quality of fishing nearby. I'm from the North Shore so I don't have a clue about fishing on the Cape and really could use a couple pointers. Not sure what to target that time of year and where. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks -Jesse

Briar Springs? Not sure I understand what you mean...or where. Literally, I've been to the Cape 2 times in my life. I know nothing about the area. I know it will be September and typically there are not big numbers of fish but BIG ONES to be had. I also understand the Albie fishing could be decent at that time...although I won't be on the islands where it appears to be the best in September. I'm probably asking for a spot burn here but not really....just need to know where I can fish in East Orleans near Briar Point...that link I attached shows where we'll be staying. Maybe I'll have to ask some locals since this thread didn't get any traction...thanks for responding though oldgoat.

Alot will depend on the weather.All the outer beaches from Chatham to Ptwn can be active.Pleasant Bay[you are in the upper reaches] can also be productive.Are you going to be fly,plug,boat,or surf hunting?Albies are more of a hit/miss from Chatham west to Falmouth.Occaisionally they'll hit the beaches in Chatham[south side] but thet hasn't happened for a few years.a local guide[boat/surf] may be a good bet for a day.

Thanks Shadow....I plan on surfcasting but would love to find some Albies with the fly rod. I understand that when they do hit the shorline, they are close enought to touch with your rod. I was on a site yesterday that also said it was hit or miss and seems like the bay gets 'em from time to time in last August through Sept. Seems the Vinyard is a real hot spot for them from shore but I'm not making that trip. I'm really just interested in getting my son, my brother from Colorado and his boy into a few fish to tangle with...that's it. Nothing too extensive but would really like to know where to go that's accessible and where the kids can catch some fish. Thanks for your response!

Sorry if i seamed offensive,,but -Briar point-- must be the name of your ranch on Briar spring rd. You might be able to fly rod in the marsh(not me)or you could walk or drive down briar spring rd. to cedar hill rd. then to beach rd. and fish off the beach. Thats the best i can do without spotburning.

Good luck

oldgoat,

Not at all my friend....I actually started another thread "Change of Plans" as we shifted gears and are staying in Sandwich on the water. Thanks for the advicesmile.gif