Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jetskibrian

Dogs and Blues

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I departed my house in Poquoson Virginia on my Grady around 1300 hrs yesterday and went straight to York Spit Light. I anchored up and chummed for 4 hours in about 19 foot of water.

No Cobia for me today but I did get a little action from the blue fish and little dog fish that kept nibbling away at my eels. I did hear a couple of other boats caught some.

DSC_0003a.jpg

boat-14.jpg

DSC_0023a.jpg

DSC_0036a-1.jpg

DSC_0041a.jpg

DSC_0022a.jpg

dog-1.jpg

u should keep your eels in a black pail.it keeps the eels draker in color an they don't turn that lighter color.I know when bass fishing most of the time they will only hit a draker eels.tight lines windknot.

sweet boar and setup. That looks like a pretty nice sized dog. There good eats, I have another post floating around about eating them. I gotta post recipe in cooking forum for you guys.

View Postu should keep your eels in a black pail.it keeps the eels draker in color an they don't turn that lighter color.I know when bass fishing most of the time they will only hit a draker eels.tight lines windknot.

I have NEVER had that be the case. EVER. I am sure at one time or another it has, but not in my experience, ever.

View PostI have NEVER had that be the case. EVER. I am sure at one time or another it has, but not in my experience, ever.

well I'm glad to here that it NEVER EVER happen to u.I have out fished people on my boat with draker eels and got the bigger fish.If u pot eels they are darker in color not a light tan color.It's just a little trick to put more fish in the boat and keep the eels in a natrual state.biggrin.gif

View PostThanks for the replies. I will try the eel trick and yes, I like to to eat dogfish on the grill sometimes.

Please stop grilling dusky sharks.

If all the dogfish you've been eating look like the one in that picture, then you've been eating a prohibited species.

View PostNo Offence but I've seen bigger Bunker than that Blue Fish! cwm27.gif

Funny enough, either 'karma' or bluefish followed me down on my trip to FL last week...in Naples, I caught a gazillion of those little bluefish with a couple that may have reached around 2lbs or so (but mostly the size that's in this pic)...down there, they thought the bigger 2lb'ers were monstercwm27.gif

To be fair, while I was still on the east coast (Juno Beach), I got the sense that they are aquainted with larger choppers...but not the Gulf side