Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
new braintree

Another Bait Shop closes.....

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

another one bites the dust frown.gif ..... so damned sad to see these small local businesses go away. support your small local businesses while you can....

Is this the one near the honey dew donuts? If so, that does stink. It was the closest shop to my family's house at the cape. I feel like he had only been the owner for a few years, too. Didn't someone else own it before him? It's a pretty high traffic area. Maybe he just needed a bigger selection?

View PostIs this the one near the honey dew donuts? If so, that does stink. It was the closest shop to my family's house at the cape. I feel like he had only been the owner for a few years, too. Didn't someone else own it before him? It's a pretty high traffic area. Maybe he just needed a bigger selection?

Jay has owned it for three years and took it over from the previous owner whom he had worked with. He could have tried a bigger selection, but I think that he wasn't even getting people in there looking for stuff. My opinion is that being located by south cape, with exception to the spring, you are not getting the guys looking for striped bass gear that you would by the canal or along the Ma coast line. I think the shops in falmouth do well as they have a a lot more marinas and guys that are going out for stripers on the vineyard and also the tuna guys. I could be wrong, but it is just my opinion.

I feel bad for jay.... he has struggled to keep the place going, but kept trying until he could no longer keep the doors open