Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moparornocar

? about the 10.5 3/4-4oz legend

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I know there is alot of thread/posts about this rod but ive been looking though every thread/post and I cant find what im looking for. I would like to know what is the max casting weight on this rod. Im thinking about geting one but not sure if it will handle what I like to throw. The plugs im throw are between 1.5 - 3.5 swimmers andl load SS neddles so can you guys help me out

View Posti have this rod its mod action mean has a glass tip i don't throw more than 2oz with it other wise it bend a lot

headscratch.gif It's suppose to bend!

I have the 1-4 oz & you'll have no problem throwing what you mentioned.

If you check the ratings, you will see that the 3/4 to 4 has a moderate action while the 1 to 4 has a moderately fast action. That means they will both throw up to four ounces but the 1-4 is actually better for throwing lighter stuff farther. The 3/4 to 4 has a more moderate bend and lacks the crispness of the 1-4. But, it will feel smooth with anything in its rated range.

That having been said, I find the 3/4 to 4 a great all around rod. I have been throwing mostly 2 to 2 1/2 ounce plugs but have no problem throwing a three ounce swimmer or pencil. I'm not sure if I would throw four ounces with it (remember, I'm the guy who broke one of these rods throwing a swim shad - yes, it was a factory defect and it was taken care of immediately but I'm still a little gun shy - I now own three legends and two Mojo's and they are currently the only rods I use).

I have been fishing the rocks and have had to lift fish I normally wouldn't but have had no problems doing it with either the legend or Mojo.

My 9' legend is rated 1-4 while the 9' mojo is rated 3/4 - 4. The legend is what a typical 1-4 rod feels like to me (remember - moderately fast action).

While I'm at it, let me say that the 8' legend is a great bomber rod. I use it for fluke now but I used it for bass last fall and I had no trouble controlling fish of ten pounds or so ( I would have liked to test it on bigger fish but didn't have the opportunity). If you want to go light but still have some power in reserve, try this rod.

So, you will have no problem throwing what you want with this rod. It will strain at the upper end but it will handle it. you will be happiest with the 2-3 ounce range. You will be very impressed and very happy. St. Croix out did themselves - this from a very happy Lamiglas guy who is hoping Lami can match what St. Croix did.

I have the LSS106MM2 rod you're talking about and I've felt comfortable casting 5oz. I feel that this rod can do more than what is written on the rod, but if you're casting within the rod specs, you will be find.

View PostI have the LSS106MM2 rod you're talking about and I've felt comfortable casting 5oz. I feel that this rod can do more than what is written on the rod, but if you're casting within the rod specs, you will be find.

are you putting all your weight behind your cast or are you lobbing it. I have a problem puting all my weight behind it when I cast. I can hear my 1321M crying when I cast LOL

View Postare you putting all your weight behind your cast or are you lobbing it. I have a problem puting all my weight behind it when I cast. I can hear my 1321M crying when I cast LOL

I'm giving it all I've got, at first I was lobbing it out, later I wanted to see how far I can push it with a 5oz. Now I'm confident with the rod.

View Post... You will be very impressed and very happy. St. Croix out did themselves - this from a very happy Lamiglas guy who is hoping Lami can match what St. Croix did.

headscratch.gifwink.gifHappyWave.gif

I would have to say the sweet spot for the 10'6 Legend 3/4-4 is 2-2.5 oz. Lures in this range cast very far, particularly pencils and spoons. Anything under you can muscle it out there, and anything over you can lob it out there. That being said, it is a versatile rod.