Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
first2wins

Confessions of a Trash Picker

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Confessions of a trash picker

Driving home last week I noticed a busted up table, so I snagged its maple legs.

It sat next to my lathe all week and as I was going through my plugs I came across a Black Talon spook....na...

Now I have yet to find something that will get down deep in an inlet so I took another look at that spook...turned it out of Maple...drilled it out and the next stop was the belt sander to remove some wood. Put it in a vice and cut a lip slot, drill a belly weight (crude split shot)...then a belly hole (could probably use a hanger instead).

So what do you get when you cross garbage, a black talon spook and me....probably garbage, but this thing sinks and actually wags it's A$$.

So will it work in current and how deep will it get only time will tell.

High five icon to whoever can guess what color it will become.

P7050835.jpg?t=1278378138

P7050836.jpg?t=1278378138

looks like a winner from here. right on with the trash picking, I been keeping my eyes peeled for some stainless steel on the curb for lips but no luck yet.

my guess is white

View PostThat's not garbage picking, it's recycling. I'm with all the rest "primer white", Keith's favorite color biggrin.gif

That is my fav lure color...started out b/c I am lazy....but then it just seems to do well.