Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roundman

tarpon

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

There are lost of tarpon in the surf in the Brevard County area, the problem is getting to them from the beach. They were hanging just outside my ability to launch a large plug. I Tried a 2oz castmaster and could get to them but no strikes. Does anybody know of a good tarpon plug that can be cast at least 100yards

View PostThere are lost of tarpon in the surf in the Brevard County area, the problem is getting to them from the beach. They were hanging just outside my ability to launch a large plug. I Tried a 2oz castmaster and could get to them but no strikes. Does anybody know of a good tarpon plug that can be cast at least 100yards

It is not so much the type of plug... but rather getting them to hit.... I was talking to some guides yesterday... they have some success tipping large jigs with gulp...

maybe a 2-3 oz jig with a new penny shrimp would work for you.... better distance and something they wont refusesmile.gif

Put in your time and you'll get your shots. There have been at least ten fish over 85lbs landed from the rocks behind sun on the beach in the last 3 weeks on fly tackle by myself and the guys in my circle.