Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
g2h

Blue Crabs

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Is it still a bit early for them? Went a few days last week to a spot that normally produces, not one tugheadscratch.gif. I kept a log last year when i started getting into them, with the move i can't find itkooky.gif. Just wondering if anyone has gotten into them. I'm thinking it was more like August, not sure though.

went yesterday, did well. tons of shorts though. threw them back so they can get a little bigger.drool.gif

All in all managed 17 decent size, must of thrown at least as many back.

Went blue crabbing in the kayak in Wareham. Got a few. I also tried my new trap.The holes in the netting seem to big.   I see everyone throwing out the chicken leg and dragging it back Does this really work. i think I'd rather look for them. 

I've only seen a few up my way. Not enough to dip net. I think it was more into August I began getting them last year.

Anyone have any luck using a crab trap? Where could I buy one, or find plans to make one? I have ton's of 1.5"x1.5" lobster mesh.

Yes the chicken works.....but I like to hunt them with a dip net........

Thats what I'am talkin bout......Though my ''dip net'' is more a dip net on steroids,,,,a net on the end of a extension pole:)