Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
copycat

Stock markets repeating pattern

Rate this topic

264 posts in this topic

Dow Repeats Great Depression Pattern: Charts

http://www.cnbc.com/id/38092759

The Dow Jones Industrial Average is repeating a pattern that appeared just before markets fell during the Great Depression, Daryl Guppy, CEO at Guppytraders.com, told CNBC Monday.

"Those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it...there was a head and shoulders pattern that developed before the Depression in 1929, then with the recovery in 1930 we had another head and shoulders pattern that preceded a fall in the market, and in the current Dow situation we see an exact repeat of that environment," Guppy said.

The Dow retreated 457.33 points, or 4.5 percent last week, to close at 9,686 Friday. Guppy said a Dow fall below 9,800 confirmed the head and shoulders pattern.

The Shanghai Composite is seeing a very rapid collapse, falling below 2,500, which suggests the major fall in the Dow, he added.

In the European markets, Guppy says Frankfurt's Dax is witnessing a different pattern to London's FTSE.

Guppy uses the broad trading band as measurement- giving the Dax a downsize target of 1,500. The same head and shoulders pattern seen in the Dow can also being seen in the FTSE, he added.

I was awakened this morning by the blather on the TODAY show and heard Trish Reagan saying, and I quote.

"the investors are coming out of the woodwork"

Lets look at volume at the end today and see.

Time to put the pom-poms down CNBC, you are embarrassing yourselves.

View PostI was awakened this morning by the blather on the TODAY show and heard Trish Reagan saying, and I quote.

"the investors are coming out of the woodwork"

Lets look at volume at the end today and see.

Time to put the pom-poms down CNBC, you are embarrassing yourselves.

I wouldn't be so harsh on the talking heads.

Just because we may be in a downward primary trend doesn't mean there won't be tradeable rallies.

There absolutely will be good opportunities. But the cheerleaders are just too over the top. They have cost regular people hundreds of millions as they cheer in the face of disaster. Remember when that tool Cramer told us how hot housing will be this year?

This market is headed for a real smash and to try and get the last remaining cash from scared mom and pop investors is just plain old vile. She certainly was not talking to smart, institutional investors. She is trying to separate the last vestiges of my neighbor's 401k from them.

There is a lot of things you can say, but 'out of the woodwork' before the market even opens? C'mon. Some integrity would be nice.

View Post

There is a lot of things you can say, but 'out of the woodwork' before the market even opens? C'mon. Some integrity would be nice.

I think the talking heads were referring to the equity index futures, which are up this morning.

Dow futures are up 100 points.

S&P 500 futures are up 12 points.

Second quarter earnings season, which is usually a catalyst for the market, kicks off shortly.

View PostThere absolutely will be good opportunities. But the cheerleaders are just too over the top. They have cost regular people hundreds of millions as they cheer in the face of disaster.

This market is headed for a real smash and to try and get the last remaining cash from scared mom and pop investors is just plain old vile. She certainly was not talking to smart, institutional investors. She is trying to separate the last vestiges of my neighbor's 401k from them.

Ah hah cwm40.gif

The secret plot of Disaster Capitalism has been revealed icon24.gif

Maybe people need to take a close look at who & what *CAPITALISM* represents...

cause it sure ain't your neighbor with a pithy 401k.

my condolences frown.gif

View Post^

Nope. Capitalism these days represents those whose only purpose is to separate my neighbor for his had earned dollar.

what if your neighbor is a lawyer or an accountant?

View Post^

Nope. Capitalism these days represents those whose only purpose is to separate my neighbor for his had earned dollar.

Yes, I agree icon14.gif

Working class/middle class people ARE NOT *capitalists* cwm15.gif

They have been duped by the BANKSTERS to *invest* kooky.gif

their hard earned dollars into worthless paper. icon24.gif

Disaster capitalism is what is going on as the squeeze gets tighter

around the neck of average working class families.

The *capitalists* will exploit the middle class' demise by:

Blaming the DEFICIT

Blaming unions

Blaming illegal employees

Blaming the working poor

Cutting unemployment benefits

Raising insurance premiums

Refusing to renegotiate mortgages

And outsourcing PROFESSIONAL jobs, not just LABOR.

BUT THEY NEVER accept responsibility for GUTTING middle class JOBS.

After all, corporations are in business to make money for INVESTORS,

not to *do good* for the US & American families cwm13.gif

That's why we give them INCENTIVES to send jobs overseas icon14.gif

Just watch what happen as the FAKE Deficit-Hawks slash SS & Medicare.

MOST Americans will become hostage to the whims of Corporate greed.

US markets fail to hold any bounce here, pathetic when you consider the rest of the world markets being up any where between .77% to 2.93% on the FTSE.shakehead.gif