Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chunk

Visual Wrap Measurement Help Needed

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I'm a little bit slow so I can use some help with VW.

The butt diameter is 16.5mm, and the tip is 15mm.

I'm trying to lay out my pattern which is 180mm long.

I'm trying to figure out the intersecting points to mark the blank.

You enter the tip and butt measurements I ve. Then you change the number or repeats you would like this will change the overall lenght of the wrap. Choose a number of patterns that are closest to the 180 legnth you desire.vw will auto matically change the wrap legnth based on the diamaters you entered so the pattern dosent become elongated or compressed. After you chose the repeats click spaceing on the left side this will give you the spaceing for the patterns these numbers are the center marcs. If you use the culm numbers it is easier to lay out because it will be like 30 61 92 ect it is less chance to mess up rather then measuering from mark to make like 31 30 31. I hope I explained it right. And the axis on vw is reversed the 180 is really 0 and the other way around. So the 180 numbers go on the zero axis. If I confused you sorry I'm sure there will be someone with a better way of explaining it I'm just bored at work so I replied.

when you open the builder box where you place threads there is a small box that says spaceing with the digit one in it .to elongate you make the number1.5 that means one and a half ect. compress=.5 that would be half. change the decimal to what you want.

REad teh help files, it's 40 pages long and goes a lon gway in how well oyu pick up VW. DO not mess with elongated and compressed until you can use the program for teh basics. In my book there are a couple of pages to show you how to calculate spacing for a wrap - not elongated or compressed, just square spacing.