Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chunk

Freehold Fireworks??????????????

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Some towns are dropping them becuase they can't afford them anymore.

Ours was in doubt up till last Monday when a bunch of business stepped up and donated enough to get it done.

The fireworks started and went on for maybe 10 minutes then stopped. Everyone was looking around like huh that can't be it. Everyone left, and then 45 minutes later the fireworks started again.cwm27.gif

View PostThe fireworks started and went on for maybe 10 minutes then stopped. Everyone was looking around like huh that can't be it. Everyone left, and then 45 minutes later the fireworks started again.cwm27.gif

Oh headscratch.gif

Somebody musta effed up cwm27.gif

There was a fire on the track that had to be put out. Once they put it out they fired em up again. I was wondering why they stopped myself, then I called my brother on the cell, he's a Boro cop and fireman, and he told us wassup.

View PostThere was a fire on the track that had to be put out. Once they put it out they fired em up again. I was wondering why they stopped myself, then I called my brother on the cell, he's a Boro cop and fireman, and he told us wassup.

THere was one up the road that went bad. THe end of the show ended up shooting into the stands and going off at ground zero injuring some of the workers. Lots of injuries and people burned. The company that did it is the same one that did ours on Saturday night.

cwm15.gif ....cwm31.gifupck.gif

Fireworks fun on the Fourth of July didn't end well for Eric Smith, 36, who was hosting a party at his Long Island, New York home when his arm was blown off while he was setting off illegal fireworks for his friends and family. He was rushed to hospital in an ambulance with his severed arm packed on ice. Doctors could not reattach the limb.

Smith's arm was detached at the shoulder from the Fourth of July accident. Smith's grandfather said, "His arm is gone. It's not going to be attached."

Illegal Fourth of July fireworks can be extremely dangerous. It was a mortar bomb firework that exploded out of a three foot metal launching pipe, that ripped off Smith's left arm at the shoulder. Neighbors said the blast shook houses and set off car alarms. When Smith lit the skyrocket off, he failed to get out of the way quickly enough. Smith's friend and co-worker at the Long Island Rail Road, Simon Hick stated, "He lit the fuse, and it was 'Boom! Boom!' and he was [lying] in the street. That's how fast it happened."

One neighbor spent his Fourth of July evening holding Smith while applying pressure to his torso. This was done in an attempt to try to control the bleeding while they waited for the ambulance to come. Other neighbors quickly packed the severed arm in a cooler on ice, hoping to save it for the doctors to be able to reattach it. According to a spokesperson from the Nassau University Medical Center, unfortunately, doctors could not reattach the limb as they said it suffered too much damage in the fireworks blast. It was a long, agonizing wait for medical attention last night and although Smith remains in a stable condition, but without his arm.

As he praised what he called a "heroic effort" on the part of the initial rescue team that helped Smith on that horrific Fourth of July evening at the Smith residence, Hick's stated, "He's going to be all right." Hick's said that Smith's bicep may have somehow shielded some of his vital organs from the impact of the blast, which may have saved his life. Hick's reminded everyone, "In a second, your life can change."

^^^ dumbass forget to undo the fuse? headscratch.gif

We launched close to 30 motars if not more and probally close to 10 bricks at my sister's on Saturday sometimes 5 at a time. Most of the fuses were around 18 to 20 inches in length.