Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coop01

plug bag vs vest

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

It's about 50-50 on the jetty that I fish. I've always been a "vest guy" simply because it'll hold my gaff(AKA... golf club). Thinking of going to a bag but don't want to sink big $$$ in something I may not like or use. Ideas??? ... and yes, I know you get what you pay for...smile.gif

View PostIt's about 50-50 on the jetty that I fish. I've always been a "vest guy" simply because it'll hold my gaff(AKA... golf club). Thinking of going to a bag but don't want to sink big $$$ in something I may not like or use. Ideas??? ... and yes, I know you get what you pay for...smile.gif

is this u coop biggrin.gif

u dont have to spend alot of money to get a good bag. i really dont get y anyone would spend over 300 on a bag i dont even get y ppl would spend over 100 on bag. spend 50 bucks on precision pak bag n u wont be disappointed. as for the vest vs bag, i wouldnt want a 3oz pikie hanging by my chest with 3 4/0 trebles on it.

Do you carry a bunch of big plugs in a vest in tubes or something? If so, I'd sure like to see a picture of the vest.

What I do Bag or Vest which I use both & also sometimes a Fanny pac.

I cover all my treble hooks with window screen spline.

It comes in 25,50 or a 100' rolls that you can buy at any Home improvement store. It is a rubber that holds screens in the windows. It is the right thickness that you can slip over the point of your hook. To make it simple it is like a small flexible straw that slips on over you hook.

So when reaching for a plug you will never get stick.

What I do I cut little pieces off the roll & insert it on the barb ( Point's ) of the hooks. It only takes a few seconds to twist off & some say they are a PITA but it save's getting stick by the hook also won't get caught in you bag or vest,

Some plug builders put them on there plugs before selling them.

Also if your a collector they are great. The spline won't allow the hook to put points into your plugs!

Hey coop, I just got back from oc but wasn't really allowed to bring fishing equip me.

from what I remember I think a small pouch or a even a 3 tube belt bag added to that sexy vest of ures would be good for u. Unless u start carrying more of those big things wink.gif I know it was dark but if u saw the bag I had it was a 2 row capable of 8-10 slot. u can put 1-5 plugs in each slot depending on size. I actually only have a single row in there and use the other half for my sodas, beef jerky, other snacks and cigars. I have a single row bag which is half the width of that one and much lighter but for that particular place u know that n.s. is a hike so ill drag that 2row not for plug capacity but for don't wanna walk back goodies. Also for ure eels they make mesh bags u can attach to belt/bag If u decide to get rid of the vest completely. But it dark out there and things like that distinguish people....but I think I can still spot the giant 7' guy and know its u. Look up aquaskinz, a good product for the money. Say hi to Sam if u see him and see u soon

"U"gene... gotcha on the bag. I did take note of yours and "Warrens". Always used a vest and old habits die hard...

BTW, "Sam" had a 24lber last week 1 night... good fish for this time of year and the water temps we've got. Sure was a "kick-azz" spring though...