Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IrishStripes

boga grip mod

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I was into some good sized blues the other day when I reached down to lip a good one when it popped up and bit me on the index finger knuckle. thankfully bone and no real damage to speak of. My question is have any of you tried to modify the grip of your boga in an attempt to move your digits further out of harms way?

View PostI was into some good sized blues the other day when I reached down to lip a good one when it popped up and bit me on the index finger knuckle. thankfully bone and no real damage to speak of. My question is have any of you tried to modify the grip of your boga in an attempt to move your digits further out of harms way?

This is the exact reason why I handle the Bluemagoos with the Fish Grip. I still carry the Boga to weigh a fish or two.

The mechanisms on the boga are simply too close to critters teeth and plugs hooks.

View PostI was into some good sized blues the other day when I reached down to lip a good one when it popped up and bit me on the index finger knuckle. thankfully bone and no real damage to speak of. My question is have any of you tried to modify the grip of your boga in an attempt to move your digits further out of harms way?

Great Question. Never had any negative experiences with my boga 30.

Some of my relatives live near Eastaboga Al. I'm gonna give them a call to see if they can get any info from the source as to various mods.