Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Fat Panther

Some recent fishing pics

15 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share these with you

both of these were taken on 5" yum worms wacky rigged on my Shimano Sahara and St. Croix Premier spinning rod

fish-1.jpg

fish3.jpg

The first one was 4lbs exactly on the boga scale and the second one was a little under 4.

By the sounds of your setup you are really into fishing, which for your age is really refreshing to me. We need more people who are really into fishing, especially now with all the access issues. It's also impresive to see someone give the real weights of the fish. I know a dozen people who would have told everyone those bass were 8lbs. Awesome catcheshighfive.gif

View PostBy the sounds of your setup you are really into fishing, which for your age is really refreshing to me. We need more people who are really into fishing, especially now with all the access issues. It's also impresive to see someone give the real weights of the fish. I know a dozen people who would have told everyone those bass were 8lbs. Awesome catcheshighfive.gif

Yeah I love fishing for freshwater bass. As for my setup I absolutely love that too, I did a lot of research into what would be a good setup at around 200 dollars and I went to the store and I couldn't be happier. My parents paid for around 50 dollars of it as a easter gift last year and since the I've fished the hell out of it. I use 6lb braid and one of the lighter versions of the Premier to keep it a good fight no matter if it's a 1lb fish.

And yeah I used to have to estimate until my uncle, who is a charter captain up in the LI sound gave that to me. Now I use that anytime I get a fish bigger than around 1.5 lbs.

Nice fish! I use my little Rapala digital scale which seems to work pretty well, although i always think the fish look bigger! haha!

btw, nice combo, I heart.gif my Shimano Sahara and St. Croix Mojo Bass. Now those are really the only rods I'll buy in that price range.

Nice! The other day I went fishing at a new lake and only found 10" dinks. This small lake was full of weeds and I could only throw a topwater frog. Kind of limited fishing although I got alot of blow ups on the frog. Even with braided line, it made it hard to get a good hook set and I lost quite a few fish in the process.

BTW: What's with the different shirts? Did you catch those LMBs on the same day?

View PostNice! The other day I went fishing at a new lake and only found 10" dinks. This small lake was full of weeds and I could only throw a topwater frog. Kind of limited fishing although I got alot of blow ups on the frog. Even with braided line, it made it hard to get a good hook set and I lost quite a few fish in the process.

BTW: What's with the different shirts? Did you catch those LMBs on the same day?

Nope 2 different days haha