Do you carry a gun while fishing?

Rate this topic

noncontributingzero

There are alot of threads on this already and some have some good info...

But down here in Fla we are allowed to carry anytime we go fishing/camping

without needing a carry permit.

I rather have it and not need it....then worry about my babies getting some

rust on them....shaky.gif

Do a search and you will find all kinds of threads on this...

Semper Fi > Always Faithful
"Everytime History repeats itself, the price of the lesson goes up"

The day I feel the need to carry one is the day I sell all my gear. If fishing ever becomes that risky and that much of a pain in the ass, I'll find something else to do.

I have nothing left to prove to anyone. I fish for the fun of it--if I feel the need to carry to feel safe, it's not fun anymore.

I'm pretty sure my rod butt and/or 5 oz of lead can discourage any coyote I run into. For 2 legged predators, if it ever gets that bad, I'm out of there.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

View PostThe day I feel the need to carry one is the day I sell all my gear. If fishing ever becomes that risky and that much of a pain in the ass, I'll find something else to do.

I have nothing left to prove to anyone. I fish for the fun of it--if I feel the need to carry to feel safe, it's not fun anymore.

I'm pretty sure my rod butt and/or 5 oz of lead can discourage any coyote I run into. For 2 legged predators, if it ever gets that bad, I'm out of there.

same here.

Wearied question the first time I heard it!

How much fun is fishing when you need to worry about your safety? Our only concern up here is, our gear failing when you need it most.

I'm a black belt, T. is a bull and R. is no stranger to professionally handling odd ball situations. That being said, it's so far from reality up here, that we simple enjoy fishing anywhere and anyway we wish. We have it like no one can imagine. highfive.gif

I usually carry anywhere I go, no matter what I'm doing. It's not that I'm always fearing for my safety (though since I have a family to take care of, I'm more protective of myself than I used to be), I just feel that anything can happen at any time, and those that are willing to carry have a certain responsibility to the public. It's not that I think fishing is dangerous, etc. It's simply a crazy world, and we've all heard the stories.

As far as a permit goes, follow your local laws in the case where it appears the second amendment wasn't clear enough for your legislators. My trigger finger is the safety. wink.gif