might be golf time

Rate this topic

taylorgilbert

im starting to feel like its golf time, fished every day ( usually at night ) for almost two months an have yet to catch a bass. Ive tried everything from bass assassins,sluggos, bucktails, needle fish,darters, to pencil poppers but still no bass headscratch.gif I've seemed to find blues and fluke in good numbers but like i said no bass. ive also fished open beaches,back bays and jettys/rock piles? ive varied my retrieve on all lures but again still nothing. someone please tell me this is normal an im not completely snake bitten

Buy yourself a crab rake, and rake up some soft shell calicos, and fish near a jetty with them. Don't cast far at all, cast just beyond the first breaker. If you need details on what rig to use, and how to put them on the hook etc, let me know and I'll tell you. If you STILL don't catch any bass with soft shell calicos, then yes, take up golf tongue.gif.

No excuses, go fishing.

dont feel bad I too am on LI, for about a month fishing each night coming up goose egg. Same story bucks, bait, jigs and nadda. I think my timing is off, as other guys i see fishing are coming up with nothing also.

Quote:Originally Posted by EBHarveyget your @ss back down the beach, the fish are everywhere, they're just not eating storm shads on 4oz. pyramids today.

yea when i got here all the guys told me a month ago we were killin em im thinkin gee thanks all though the same thing ive prolly seen 4 bass caught biggest one being bout 14lbs. but thats always been my luck with stripers even on the hudson with herring/bloods everyone elses poles run but not mine. But its driving me kooky.gif

Better first go out and buy one of those extenda-handle ball retriever thingies and a gross of balls. That is if you golf like you fish.wink.gif

'Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.' Mark Twain

Not sure about your area, but if you have options of where to go, switch it up...go to different spots. If your on the beach, move around the beach, try different spots, vary your bait. Also, it can work that way, you can have a really bad season and then a good one. You should enjoy fishing, fish or no fish...if your tired of it, a break can be beneficial.

Although it is great to try multiple spots, i'd suggest to concentrate your energy on a few at first...

With certain spots there can litterally be only a 1h time slot when it is productive, and possibly only on certain winds/moons, so put in your time, keep a log, and patterns will arise...

A BAD day fishing is better than a GOOD day of work...

well i really have fished only three spots i just found a combination of back bay, open beach, and jetty/rock piling all in very close proximity an have tried to fish all of them during every part of the day an still left scratching my head. A night of fishing is still better then the alternative although im taken the weekend off due to everyone being out cause its a holiday weekend.