White Noise

Rate this topic

fishnmagician

View PostFYI: Frank explained that he was playing his part in that thread before you guys started calling him on it HappyWave.gif He thought he was providing the response that Ditch Jigger wanted by going all drama queen on him - it's well documented that Frank is bustee cool with Ditch and posting that video was definitely ball busting. Frank has a gift, he's able to get people riled up - it almost doesn't matter what he says, someone will get riled up just because he said anything cwm27.gif Since his posts start such drama all the time because folks don't get it, I'm asking him, right here, to please start using smilies in his posts. When you say you are serious - and you aren't - there should absolutely be a wink.gif smilie at the end. They were designed to remove confusion and misunderstanding and there's enough drama in the world, we don't need any more drama when folks aren't sure if he's kidding around or not.

TimS

I suppose being the owner of this forum, might make you think Frank's "gift"-the ability to get people riled up- is desirable. I'm sure he helps the ratings.

Me? I don't see it as a "gift" at all. In general, I try to avoid people with similiar traits. Life's just too short.

View PostI suppose being the owner of this forum, might make you think Frank's "gift"-the ability to get people riled up- is desirable. I'm sure he helps the ratings.

Me? I don't see it as a "gift" at all. In general, I try to avoid people with similiar traits. Life's just too short.

You might want to work on that "avoiding" him thing you got going.

View PostYou might want to work on that "avoiding" him thing you got going.

Yeah- you've got a point.

I will say that I post about 1% of what I'd really like to say to him. Which counts somewhat as "avoidance". At least too me.wink.gif

View PostI suppose being the owner of this forum, might make you think Frank's "gift"-the ability to get people riled up- is desirable. I'm sure he helps the ratings.

Ken, I don't think I've ever said it was a desirable gift, just a gift. We try to let people have discussions in here without having to control their every word - to do that, we have incorporated rules. If someone can get folks riled up without breaking the rules, that's a gift...a talent. People call it leeway, they say it's favoritism - yet after I welcomed EVERYONE in this forum to help re-write the rules in a manner that would make it against the rules to do whatever it is that Frank does that has such an effect on a handful of people - nobody could do it. I'm not at all opposed to changing the rules in here to make it impossible for folks to get other folks riled up - as long as they are clear, fair and remove as much objectivity as possible.

The folks that have obsessed the most on Frank say to just remove him and that will stop whatever it is that he's doing that gets to some folks. I won't do that because we won't remove people just because they some folks have become obsessed with them and don't like them. We have rules and guidelines - we are willing to change them, but we aren't willing to remove people that haven't broken them. It isn't favoritism, it isn't leeway, it's the rules - perhaps they need changing, that's why I've opened up the opportunity to submit some changes to everyone on this forum - as long as they are fair and easily enforced - figure out what he does that makes you so aggravated, put it into words and make it against the rules - here's your chance icon14.gif

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

View PostKen, I don't think I've ever said it was a desirable gift, just a gift. We try to let people have discussions in here without having to control their every word - to do that, we have incorporated rules. If someone can get folks riled up without breaking the rules, that's a gift...a talent. People call it leeway, they say it's favoritism - yet after I welcomed EVERYONE in this forum to help re-write the rules in a manner that would make it against the rules to do whatever it is that Frank does that has such an effect on a handful of people - nobody could do it. I'm not at all opposed to changing the rules in here to make it impossible for folks to get other folks riled up - as long as they are clear, fair and remove as much objectivity as possible.

The folks that have obsessed the most on Frank say to just remove him and that will stop whatever it is that he's doing that gets to some folks. I won't do that because we won't remove people just because they some folks have become obsessed with them and don't like them. We have rules and guidelines - we are willing to change them, but we aren't willing to remove people that haven't broken them. It isn't favoritism, it isn't leeway, it's the rules - perhaps they need changing, that's why I've opened up the opportunity to submit some changes to everyone on this forum - as long as they are fair and easily enforced - figure out what he does that makes you so aggravated, put it into words and make it against the rules - here's your chance icon14.gif

TimS

Give me buttons. I'll sort this place out quick-like.

Watch this move I learned....

HappyWave.gif

POW!

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

View PostKen, I don't think I've ever said it was a desirable gift, just a gift. We try to let people have discussions in here without having to control their every word - to do that, we have incorporated rules. If someone can get folks riled up without breaking the rules, that's a gift...a talent. People call it leeway, they say it's favoritism - yet after I welcomed EVERYONE in this forum to help re-write the rules in a manner that would make it against the rules to do whatever it is that Frank does that has such an effect on a handful of people - nobody could do it. I'm not at all opposed to changing the rules in here to make it impossible for folks to get other folks riled up - as long as they are clear, fair and remove as much objectivity as possible.

TimS

To be brutally honest, if you're thinking that I'm hoping Frank gets booted, that's not the case. I'm not going to say I'm enamored with the guy, but he does have a right to be here, and certainly the right to his opinion. Not everyone is going to agree, and not everyone's going to get along. I seriously hope that this doesn't boil over into lines drawn in and spilling over from PG.

I think that Ditch's comments regarding Frank were very accurate and totally fair. It's the games Frank plays that seem to irritate people the most. One minute he's serious, the next he's not. He's bustee cool with someone, until either serious or non-serious Frank, and at this point, I don't think it particularly matters. I don't own this site, nor do I expect anyone else to agree with me on this.

Playful or not, and often times, let's be honest, what's "playful" according to Frank seems to be anything but... until it becomes such a distraction that he plays the "victim" card, and then somewhere and somehow else, the cycle repeats itself... over, and over and over.

It's obnoxious. It comes across as really childish. Even in a place like the Tavern where people are supposed to be able to blow off steam, kick back and relax, it becomes a distraction. Gifted or not, serious or not, one has to choose to use their "talent" for pushing peoples' buttons. At that point, especially given a rather lengthy history of the same pattern, it basically becomes a buzzkill for the spirit of the tavern.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. That's okay. But as long as the double standard still goes with him, it's only going to cause the site owner, Tim, and other moderators, more headaches while the CSI team figures out what the hell went down.

If anyone may require dialysis or a kidney transplant, feel free to contact me via this site. I'll be happy to help you through whatever questions you have! :wave:

TimS

Tim, there is a rule for just this type of problem or solution.

Stay on one side of the fence, you can't claim both sides.

If being stupid got us into this mess, how come being stupid can't get us out?
I don't want to behave improperly, so I just won't behave at all.