Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sovine

bought used rod and reel at yard sale

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

i bought a rhino xl and 11'daiwa eliminator rod for 35 bucks came with braided line i wont get a chance to try it out till next week wife had surgury so im beachless i looked it up on line not too much info on it any one had any luck with eighter of these seemed like a good old man 35 bucks i quess couldnt go wrong any way

I had a rhino reel I received as a gift. ONe trip to the salt killed it. EVERYTHING rusted, corroded, froze... and it never touched the water itself. (canal fishing)

Rinse well!

I bought some 9' daiwa eliminator rods 10 years ago at the big chain store that starts with W. I paid 10$ a piece for 9 and 10 footers. Needless to say some have broke and I upgraded since. they were ok for a couple of seasons. Went back to look for more for a few friends and they were back up to 30-50$ a pop. 35$ sound so for the 11 foot if in great shape. and If ya can salvage the braid if the reel fails..not a bad price.

green braid hard to tell the test but its strong i isually bite the line to cut it couldnt do it with this cant wait to cast it out there bigest rod i owned in 20 years of fishing i like the gut in hull but you need to throw some serious weight out there i can now i lost a lot of money at the gut in tha past lol i thank u for the post

yea i bought a penn reel last night at bennys for 90 bucks im going to try the rhino on the beach tonight if rhino no good i have the penn ready to go im teaching my wife how to fish so if she drops the reel in the sand no biggie ill put the penn on when fishing of the peir or non sandy places

I have a 6' fresh water Daiwa elimanator rod I love .. besides freshwater bass, pickerel i've caught a ton of mackerel and schoolie stripers on it tossing 1.25 metal . Mines older ,, has the light blue pinstriping . heart.gif