8 posts in this topic

Different approach...after looking at pics of these critters

#8 Tiemco 811S

crystal flash feelers

marabou

palmered hackle...then trimmed

Clear Cure Goo shell back

tied a bunch 1/2"-5/8" long

Loving these Jim, the white one pops out to me. I saw a few small cinder worms locally, no more than 1/2" over the last weekend.

They look real good. I think that the marabou tail will entice a lot of strikes.

For those that haven't seen krill before, here is a photo of some krill out of a salmon that we caught a few weeks ago (in the ocean). It was stuffed with them.

The fish gorge themselves on this stuff as you can see by the amount that is on the counter. That was all from one 12 klbs fish.

Ian....last weekend fished from 10 to dawn near Compo. At first the outgoing was only putting out some bait caught 1/2 dozen with my bud on a yellow small Clouser. But as the night went on and the tide dropped it was tons of worms. At about 4:00 the sky started to lighten ever so little.....hundreds of bass in about 3 ft of water all over the place sipping worms. My fly looks just like the worms to a T.......I caught two bass. Others fishing were suffering as much as we were, lots of fish only the occasional hook up. These krill look like killers I would tye on at least 5 in a bunch and cast that because one will get no notice. You would have to put it in a bunch and have a big ole bass suck in the whole lot of em....really tough fishing. I've have only done well when the tide is almost out and the fish are feeding in a lane, where I was fishing it was all open water, fish everywhere.cwm31.gif

All the flys are just superb, dead on and as an attractor color would stand out. This is what I feel this board is about all in all....sharing talent and designs plus years of knowledge. Thanks for the updated version Jim.