Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aquacide

best ribs in Boston/So. Shore

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

My BiL is in town from Virginia, looking for quality ribs.

all suggestions welcome.

Cheers

mark.

ribs kooky.gif

If absolutely necessary check out Blue Ribbon(Arlington), RedBones (sommerville) or even Pit-Stop (Dorchester).

How about getting a nice lobster roll or fried clams instead?

Agreed. I can't think of any place that I would really recommend, although I normally don't order ribs unless I'm at a legitimate BBQ joint. Blue Ribbon is probably your best bet.

Left one out.

Tennessee's in Framingham.

If you have two hours to drive to NH there is NO BETTER ribs then at the Yankee Smokehouse in W. Ossipee, NH. Hands down. It rivals every place within 50 miles of Memphis!!!

Long live the "Pig"

View Post

If you have two hours to drive to NH there is NO BETTER ribs then at the Yankee Smokehouse in W. Ossipee, NH. Hands down. It rivals every place within 50 miles of Memphis!!!

I gotta tell ya-that place is absolutely the WORST restaurant of any kind that I have ever visited (and I'll include Burger King and McDonalds).

I tried it twice to be fair about it, and both times the food (ribs included) was just about inedible. upck.gif Everyone I know in the area says the same thing.

I don't want to knock a business, but they are amazingly bad at what they do. I think Bike Week is what keeps them in business cwm40.gif .

No disrespect, but you are all way off although the Blue Ribbon burnt ends are off the hook. The best ribs around are at the road side BBQ place off exit 10 on rt 3. take a right at Cranberry crossing and its 200 yards up opn the right in front of the nursery. Its called True Blue BBQ and youll know it by the pig on the side of the road, If your lucky they will have the beef ribs the day you go.

They are only open fri, sat, and sunday.

View PostNo disrespect, but you are all way off although the Blue Ribbon burnt ends are off the hook. The best ribs around are at the road side BBQ place off exit 10 on rt 3. take a right at Cranberry crossing and its 200 yards up opn the right in front of the nursery. Its called True Blue BBQ and youll know it by the pig on the side of the road, If your lucky they will have the beef ribs the day you go.

good to know. I'm unaware of much of anything outside 128. biggrin.gif

View PostNo disrespect, but you are all way off although the Blue Ribbon burnt ends are off the hook. The best ribs around are at the road side BBQ place off exit 10 on rt 3. take a right at Cranberry crossing and its 200 yards up opn the right in front of the nursery. Its called True Blue BBQ and youll know it by the pig on the side of the road, If your lucky they will have the beef ribs the day you go.

I'll be in Marshvegas next week so maybe I'll try there. Thanks for the headsup.

View Postthe Blue Ribbon burnt ends are off the hook

As a note of full disclosure, I rarely stray from the burnt ends. I think the ribs are good too, but it's been a while since I've had them.