Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sk8erjcx

LI Sound

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I will be on my friends boat this weekend and we will be trying to fish in the sound for some sea bass/porgies. I have searched online and it seems the only reef that is near us is the Matinecock Reef and it said that this reef was inactive - what does this mean exactly. Would anyone be able to give me a hint as to which spots are productive?

Any help/hints would be appreciated.

View PostHi All,

I will be on my friends boat this weekend and we will be trying to fish in the sound for some sea bass/porgies. I have searched online and it seems the only reef that is near us is the Matinecock Reef and it said that this reef was inactive - what does this mean exactly. Would anyone be able to give me a hint as to which spots are productive?

Any help/hints would be appreciated.

stick with your plans

wish i would have seen this post sooner.....i'd run about 5 miles east of there......a little bit east of bayville.....I won't say the name of the reef on here for i don't want to be badgered.......you will get porgys at matinecock...don't know about sea bass...the further east you go, better odds of seabass...

Thanks everyone for the help. My friends boat was not ready this weekend so we ended up renting one from jacks bait and tackle so we didnt get to go out too far. Tried near some of the points for fluke/porgies with little luck =(. I know the other reef and i was planning on going there if matinecock didnt work out.

Tight lines.