Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

This recipe is AMAZING!

2 1/2 cups coconut milk

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root

4 pecans, ground

2 onion, chopped large

1 jalapeno pepper, sliced and chopped(some prefer 2)

1/2 teaspoon turmeric

juice of 1 lemon

2 pounds mahi-mahi(or striper) fillets

cut in 1 inch slices

1/2 lemon cut in wedges

cooked rice

Instructions:

In large saucepan, combine the coconut milk, garlic, ginger root, pecans, onions, jalpeno peoppers, turmeric, and lemon juice. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced to approx 3 cups. Stir frequently to prevent burning.

Add fish and lemon wedges and cook until fish just flakes(@8 minutes)

Serve over a bed of hot rice.

Note-you can make coconut milk by bringing 2 1/2 cups of milk and 2 1/2 cups of grated coconut to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes and strain. Discard the solids.

[This message has been edited by John D (edited 06-16-2000).]

Idea: If I can collect enough of your guys wonderful recipies, I'll make you all famous! We'll put up a SOL Recipe section, each of you will get credit (or blame!) for your own recipes. Sound cool? If you like the idea, let's start here on this thread, fire away. If this makes you uncomfortable, you can send said recipes to suggestion@stripersonline.com and we'll get started on a recipe section. Don't worry about which fish you wanna fix, anything will do, fresh water, salt, or shell fish, anything you've enjoyed and think others will like, let 'er rip!

TimS

VERY easy and delicious!

3 lb sea bass or striper fillets

2 cans Progresso White Clam Sauce

Cut fillets into 2" chunks. Bring Progresso White Clam Sauce to a slow boil in a large, deep skillet. Add fish fillets to sauce (low simmer). Cook until fish is white & flaky(about 6 minutes).

Serve over linguini.

Bluefish on the BBQ

Use a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil.

Place butter on the foil then place a layer of sliced tomato, vidalia onion sliced, sliced green peppers. Placed the filet on top and repeat the ingredients on top of the filet. Wrap tight and place on the grill for about 5 to 6 minutes per side.

CnR delight:

Start with a 53 pound striped bass. Drag all around town on the hood of your jeep, keeping moist with champagne and spilled beer. Allow to cook in the sun on the hood for about 8 hours in front of the local tackle shop. Then enjoy it with cigars and a super-sized large side of high fives.

[This message has been edited by Robert Williams (edited 06-16-2000).]

Since they recommend a low-fat diet for people who lost their gall bladder, I see a lot of broiled fish in my future. So, I think a recipe page is a fantastic idea.

BBQ'd fish is great, but I'll tell you what I've found out, that new George Foreman fat reducing thing is about the best fish cooker I've found yet. I had some marinated fresh fluke fillets last week, and some supermarket scrod on Wednesday, and it was done perfectly, seared outside and moist and flaky inside. Can't wait to try some fresh bass or weakie fillets on there.

DD-you cant beat that George Foreman grill-any fish with a good marinade(low sugar since it cooks so hot) works great.

Try Seabass,Blackfish, or striper with garlic, balsamic vinager(dont go nuts with it, for some people it is strong), olive oil,lemon juice and herbs of your liking(rosemary, basil,etc) and let it marinade for at least 20 mins turning the filets or steaks-anything over 3 hrs the vinager really takes over-and then just throw it on the Foreman grill(depending on size 3-6 mins). Can work on the BBQ but I always have bad luck with fish sticking smile.gif

2lbs striper

2tblsp chopped shallots

2 stalks fresh dill

1/4 cup white wine

1/2 tsp tarragon

combine wine, tarragon and 1/2 of shallots in sauce cook until reduced by 1/2

pour over fish with remainder of shallots and dill in foil

seal foil packet and place in 375 degree oven for @ 1 hour

I serve a cold sauce with it made from :

1cp sour cream

1/4 cp mayo

1 sprig chopped dill