Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gilbey

So, What's your Weekend Plans - July 4th

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Big holiday weekend coming up. I am closing my office Friday and Monday to give my peoeple (and myself wink.gif ) an extra long weekend icon14.gif .

Historically the 4th of July weekend is a madhouse at the Jersey shore. The weather looks like it is going to be beautiful which will just add to the hysteria eek.gif . But I can recall two memorable outings on past 4th of July weekends that keep me fishing. One year a buddy and I had schools of adult bunker flooding by us with bluefish all over them at daybreak. Another year I recall landing bass on a jetty in the dark with fireworks exploding overhead. Cool stuff smile.gif .

I'll get out at least once this weekend. With calm conditions expected I think I will concentrate my efforts out front around some familiar rock piles looking for some bass on the prowl near the beginning of the falling tide. Other than that I might try to hit up some local smallies with my boys. There will be some mandatory burger grilling and beer swilling as well icon14.gif .

So, what's your long holiday weekend plans?

Good luck and safe fishing to you all smile.gif .

Alan

I usually don't fish this weekend - too many people on the water - but the weather is so good, I can't pass it up. Wading for bass before dawn Fri and Sat, a nice nap after breakfast, then yard work. Family stuff on Sunday - a good time to chill out. Happy 4th!!!!!

I can't wait for saturday. 9AM begins my journey into fly fishing with my 101 class at a local sports shop. Sunday is the usual family party at my uncles place. Gotta love America

It's all freshwater for me. Trout taking "Tricos" Saturday & Monday. Bass & Crappies at the lake on Sunday.

I'm headed to LBI for the weekend. Seeing as though I'm from Statem Island, I asked in the Jersey forum for permission.

If they say it's ok, I'll be at the surf before sunrise and after sunset. Feel free to offer any general advice. Where fishing may be prohibited, patterns, etc..

Happy 4th gents and Happy birthday America!

Taking a few extra days around the weekend. Fishing Saturday night and early Sunday at my favorite hole then the usual bbq and fireworks with the family then hopefully a few more days of fishing.

Have a safe and happy 4th everyone.

I found out a couple lakes around me have a somewhat healthy population of stripers and hybrids. I might take a couple pre-dawn outtings to see what I can find. Maybe a trout hole or two as well.

Normally I fish Lake Mead for striper but the 4th is an intense day on the lake with too many drunk jetskis and boaters.

So Saturday, I'm heading to northern Nevada for cooler climes and fish Lake Nesbit for LM Bass. There is also bull catfish in this small lake so I'll drop some meat at the bottom to see if I get a bite while plugging, cranking or worming for bass.