Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dano1089

10'6" Mojo 2-6 for bait

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

View PostI'm wondering how many people use the 10'6" Mojo 2-6 for bait and if can handle 4 or even 6 oz and a clam?

I throw bait with that rod and 4 oz. - more than that is too heavy IMO.

View PostI throw bait with that rod and 4 oz. - more than that is too heavy IMO.

Thx. That's what I thought, but from what I've seen, some St. Croix rods are under rated a bit and some are pretty accurate, so I thought see if anyone was using the 2-6 Mojo for bait. Do you know if the 2-6 Legend is stiffer and faster enough that it would make it $200.00 better than the Mojo 2-6 for bait?

I have the Legend in that spec too. The Legend is slightly stiffer, they are close but the Legend has the better backbone with the Mojo being more parabolic. Not sure if the Legend is actually worth paying extra right away but I have more faith in it and it's warranty. Both are built well IMO, but there's some problems popping up with the Mojo and its grip raising. I'm banking that the better components on the Legend will show itself in the future.

My dad has the 10'6 st croix triumph. He and I have both have nothing bad to say about this rod. This is I believe it's third year in the surf. It can be used to throw various weights, up to 8oz with bunker pretty comfortably. 10oz can be thrown as long as you don't have to cast too far, and in most situations you do not have to cast far. It is a great rod for far less money, still made from the same reputable company. You can use the extra money and put it towards a reel, plugs, a fishing trip, or something not even fishing related.

View PostI have the Legend in that spec too. The Legend is slightly stiffer, they are close but the Legend has the better backbone with the Mojo being more parabolic. Not sure if the Legend is actually worth paying extra right away but I have more faith in it and it's warranty. Both are built well IMO, but there's some problems popping up with the Mojo and its grip raising. I'm banking that the better components on the Legend will show itself in the future.

St Croix has a good upgrade program, where you can trade up for a more expensive model, and they credit you for the purchase price of the less expensive rod, less $10 per year for every year that you own the cheaper rod. So you buy a Mojo 2-6 this year for $240. Next year, you can return the Mojo to St Croix (provided that it's undamaged), and you get credited for $230 toward the $450 cost of the equivalent Legend, making the cost of the Legend only $220.

Details are on the St Croix website under the "Warranty and Service" section.

View PostSt Croix has a good upgrade program, where you can trade up for a more expensive model, and they credit you for the purchase price of the less expensive rod, less $10 per year for every year that you own the cheaper rod. So you buy a Mojo 2-6 this year for $240. Next year, you can return the Mojo to St Croix (provided that it's undamaged), and you get credited for $230 toward the $450 cost of the equivalent Legend, making the cost of the Legend only $220.

Details are on the St Croix website under the "Warranty and Service" section.

Yes, I traded in my Triumph travel rod for the Legend.

View PostThx. That's what I thought, but from what I've seen, some St. Croix rods are under rated a bit and some are pretty accurate, so I thought see if anyone was using the 2-6 Mojo for bait. Do you know if the 2-6 Legend is stiffer and faster enough that it would make it $200.00 better than the Mojo 2-6 for bait?

I have not thrown the Mojo but would take the above posters word on its capability.I do have the 10"6 2-6 oz rod and i do use it for bait 80% of the time and it hasnt let me down yet.Most of the time i throw 2 to 4 oz but have thrown down to one ounce and up to 6.Surprisingly it doesnt suck on either end of the spectrum,IMO ideally 3 1/2 oz with a chunk for the best distance but have thrown more. Its a hard rod to figure sometimes,its versatility is very impressive.I rarely ever use my Avid inshore 8 footer because of this.

I was jigging the 9" 5+oz Tsunami swim shads in the canal with the Mojo 10"6 2-6oz and didn't think that was maxed out at all. The action may not be what you want but I would like to give 6+ a try and see.