Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Meanwhile, whats our old bud Eric Holder up to?

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Holy casmoley! The guy is lettin the bruthas off the hook while he is chasin down whitey over at BP! He called me a coward not too long ago. I feel damn sorry for this bigot SOB.

A former Justice Department attorney who quit his job to protest the Obama administration's handling of the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case is accusing Attorney General Eric Holder of dropping the charges for racially motivated reasons.

J. Christian Adams, now an attorney in Virginia and a conservative blogger for Pajamas Media, says he and the other Justice Department lawyers working on the case were ordered to dismiss it.

"I mean we were told, 'Drop the charges against the New Black Panther Party,'" Adams told Fox News, adding that political appointees Loretta King, acting head of the civil rights division, and Steve Rosenbaum, an attorney with the division since 2003, ordered the dismissal.

Asked about the Justice Department's claim that they are career attorneys, not political appointees, Adams said "obviously, that's false."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...ase-political/

View PostWell they were acting stupidly.

Yeah. It's obviously false that they knew all the evidence. They, uh, Steve Rosenbaum hadn't even read the memos which detailed all of the facts and the law. Before he started arguing against the case the mind was made up. And it was so derelict and so corrupt that Chris Coates actually threw the memo at Steve Rosenbaum and said how dare you make these arguments without even knowing what's in the briefs?

Is this about the two black doods that stood outside of a polling station and left when asked? If so, the Justice Dept. should be pursuing more relevant and pressing matters.

View PostIs this about the two black doods that stood outside of a polling station and left when asked? If so, the Justice Dept. should be pursuing more relevant and pressing matters.

Only after they clearly intimidated voters. Cut and dry against the law. We cannot allow this to become commonplace or our system of voting means nothing.

View PostIs this about the two black doods that stood outside of a polling station and left when asked? If so, the Justice Dept. should be pursuing more relevant and pressing matters.

acccording to adams, the evidence (including video tape) said they were blocking the entrance and calling white people crackers etc. clearly intimidating voters

they never showed up to court and so an automatic judgement against them was entered.

voter intimidation stuff is pretty cut and dry and not something you want to dismiss so easily.

View Postacccording to adams, the evidence (including video tape) said they were blocking the entrance and calling white people crackers etc. clearly intimidating voters

they never showed up to court and so an automatic judgement against them was entered.

voter intimidation stuff is pretty cut and dry and not something you want to dismiss so easily.

Cool. My memory was of them simply standing outside the polling station. Didn't realize there was conflict and that it was on video.

Even still, it's a very minor issue for the DOJ. There's bigger fish to fry.

My interest was piqued and I did a little more research. This seems like political shenanigans on Adam's part and the language he is using is very misleading. The "charges" that were dropped were the simple seeking of an injunction to preemptively stop the doods from going near polling places through the 2012 elections. An injuction was obtained for the dood with the nightstick and the case for an injunction for the non-nightstick dood was dropped.

What is more, the voter intimidation statute from 1965 had only been applied two times. Both by Adams against blacks. Adams was a politicized GWB hire to the DOJ.

I fully side with the Obama administration in dropping this matter.

Here's a great synopsis of the whole story...

http://www.mainjustice.com/2009/12/2...icized-hiring/

View PostMy interest was piqued and I did a little more research. This seems like political shenanigans on Adam's part and the language he is using is very misleading. The "charges" that were dropped were the simple seeking of an injunction to preemptively stop the doods from going near polling places through the 2012 elections. An injuction was obtained for the dood with the nightstick and the case for an injunction for the non-nightstick dood was dropped.

What is more, the voter intimidation statute from 1965 had only been applied two times. Both by Adams against blacks. Adams was a politicized GWB hire to the DOJ.

I fully side with the Obama administration in dropping this matter.

Here's a great synopsis of the whole story...

http://www.mainjustice.com/2009/12/2...icized-hiring/

I will be in Jamica Plain this November in a white robe and hood then. I mean as long as we all cool with stuff like that.

View PostI will be in Jamica Plain this November in a white robe and hood then. I mean as long as we all cool with stuff like that.

headscratch.gif They injuncted the dood with the nightstick.