Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kenomikes

Finally on the Board

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Finally got my first keeper from shore last night in Gansett after the long skunk in the Upper Bay. I was totally thrilled since it was in white water and I got whacked with a big wave while trying to turn her away from a boulder, managed to stay on my rock. And yes I kept her for some fillets.

Of course later while hiking back to the car I decide to try a little short cut off the rocks and thru some bushes onto the grassy bluff. Seemed like a good idea at the time until I thought I saw an exit off the bluff back to the rocks, when next thing I know I'm sinking into a huge grass clippings pile. I got the rod in one hand, my fish in the other, and I'm going straight down. For a second I actually thought you guys would be reading about some clown found dead standing straight up holding his fish and a rod.clapping.gif

Anyways, obviously I stopped sinking just over my waist and wiggled out since this pic I took at the car. I wasn't letting go of my fish.highfive.gif

striperjune292009.jpg

View PostDarter plug? Nice fish. clapping.gif

-bd

Yup. A yellow 2.5oz LIFISHINVT darter.

I really like this plug. Was tossing some swimmers then a black Sluggo, then switched to this and bam.

View PostNice...and I'll bet you looked just dandy in that grass skirt!!

No kidding. I was pulling sticks and grass out of everything at the car.

Blazing Saddles when the 2 guys go in the quicksand? That's me. A real dumb ass.biggrin.gif