Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cantilever

Question about Bush Jr.

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Did he ***** about the Dems in congress or even in general as much as Obama bitches about the Reps?

I think he has some valid gripes, but this political BS has been happening for ever. Does anyone really care about the bitching?

Obama has big majorities right now. Just imagine if or when that changes. He thinks he has a bunch to ***** about now?

I didnt pay as much attention to politics during most of Bush's tenure, so maybe Bush cried just as much. For all of you that have been paying attention for years, is Obamas bitching on par for Presidents before him?

View PostDid he ***** about the Dems in congress or even in general as much as Obama bitches about the Reps?

I think he has some valid gripes, but this political BS has been happening for ever. Does anyone really care about the bitching?

Obama has big majorities right now. Just imagine if or when that changes. He thinks he has a bunch to ***** about now?

I didnt pay as much attention to politics during most of Bush's tenure, so maybe Bush cried just as much. For all of you that have been paying attention for years, is Obamas bitching on par for Presidents before him?

Canti,

I gave Bush a 45% when he left office so, despite views to the contrary, I was not a Bush cheerleader. I did support and still do, his going into Iraq and that is where most of my support came from as well as his SC picks but as far as runaway spending, immigration, etc., etc.; I disagreed.

Having said that, I can't remember him ever -------- about the Dems except for his favorite, "shooting camels in the butt with cruise missles." Actually, his lack of defending himself and attacking the Dems was one of the things I didn't like about him. He was always trying to reach out and he was always getting his hand slapped away.

Maybe someone else has a different view, but that is how I saw it. Remember Ried calling him a loser? Pelosi saying he was the worst Pres., etc., etc.????

View Post

Maybe someone else has a different view, but that is how I saw it. Remember Ried calling him a loser? Pelosi saying he was the worst Pres., etc., etc.????

Yeah well thats the other end of the spectrum though. Its not like the current reps arent bashing the hell outta Obama. But the President should be above that crap.

He doesnt really need the reps to get **** done. If they were causing all his plans to not go forward then I could understand, but he's got through most fo his agenda.

View PostYeah well thats the other end of the spectrum though. Its not like the current reps arent bashing the hell outta Obama. But the President should be above that crap.

He doesnt really need the reps to get **** done. If they were causing all his plans to not go forward then I could understand, but he's got through most fo his agenda.

You were asking about Bush, not about Obama per se. To some degree, both parties are supposed to bash their opposition but not to the degree Bush got bashed as the Iraq War drug on.

Obama has both houses with overwhelming majorities but much of his agenda is stalled and if the Reps take over, they will undo much of what has been done, at least at first.

But I really don't remember Bush attacking his predecessor or the Dems too much while in office.

View PostDid he ***** about the Dems in congress or even in general as much as Obama bitches about the Reps?

Politics took an ugly turn during the Regan Administration.

The partisan divide has widened to the point of polarization.

It has been wedge issues all the way.

Bush had a much more compliant Congress than Obummer has.

During the Bush Admin ALL repubs were in lockstep.

The democrats have been divided since the 80's between PROGRESSIVE & CORPORATIST.

The Corporate-wing of the Democratic Party includes the whole DLC & Blue Dogs.

Those *dems*, the DLC/blue dogs, were in the bag for the republican agenda.

Hence, why Bush wouldn't need to ******* about Congress...

he got EVERYTHING he asked for cwm13.gif

Obummer is justified in pointing out that the repubs have blocked or

obfuscated democratic actions out of pure PARTISAN political motivations.

That means those obstructionists are NOT doing the business of their constituents.

Obummer is also being hamstrung by DINOS/Corporatist sycophants.

Canti,

Technically there is no Bush, Jr. and your reference is invalid and demeaning.

Comparing G. W. Bush to Obama is fine, but his father is G. H. W. Bush the 41st President and Georgw W. Bush is the 43rd President.

You are showing a lot of angst, that isn;t part of your normal personna. Have a bad day?

What's up wid dat?

His beatching is unprecedented....he is a campaigner not a leader.

Canti,

Ignorance might be bliss, but your can take this to the bank. G. W. Bush never demeaned Clinton or said nary a word against any democrats in his 4 years in office and the 18 months he has been out of office. It isn't Presidential to do so. Clinton and Obama, don't see it that way and they are always pointing and yelling Bush did it!.

One thing they don't yell about is the nuber of Jobs Bush generated in his 8 years. Look it up.

Last month Obama's stimulis effort wit Trillions of dollars spent generated 26,000 new jobs or an average of less than 300 jobs per state in a nation with 308 Milion people. Bush generated 851,000 jobs in one month in the months after the 9/11/2001 attack. he did it with tax cuts. That's a fact, and it is in the stats.

Obama is a failure. 12 Trillion dollars in Stimulis Money with almost 50% of it not spnt yeat and he hasn't generated enough jobs in a year to even hit 100,000 new jobs. The Green Jobs boast is hot air. He has given millions to his followers, to the unions and generated quite a few goverment jobs that do not produce profit or tax revenue. He has ignored the real generator of job growth, the private sector. He is a flop and failure.

The Bush TARP money lent tothe banks is almost all paid back with interest. The Obama Administration can't even tell us where the Trillions spent went.

Disgusting and Scairy as hell. The G-20 meeting told him he was nots to try another stimulis. They don not have the money and they are cutting their deficets and reducing txes to stimulat grouth in their private sectors, so their recoveries will generate revenues to help stem the fall in their economies.

Barak Hussien Obama is a shell game artist. Mmm, mmm, mmmmm!

View PostPolitics took an ugly turn during the Regan Administration.

The partisan divide has widened to the point of polarization.

It has been wedge issues all the way.

Bush had a much more compliant Congress than Obummer has.

During the Bush Admin ALL repubs were in lockstep.

The democrats have been divided since the 80's between PROGRESSIVE & CORPORATIST.

The Corporate-wing of the Democratic Party includes the whole DLC & Blue Dogs.

Those *dems*, the DLC/blue dogs, were in the bag for the republican agenda.

Hence, why Bush wouldn't need to ******* about Congress...

he got EVERYTHING he asked for cwm13.gif

Obummer is justified in pointing out that the repubs have blocked or

obfuscated democratic actions out of pure PARTISAN political motivations.

That means those obstructionists are NOT doing the business of their constituents.

Obummer is also being hamstrung by DINOS/Corporatist sycophants.

On point argument in my opinion.

View PostCanti,

Ignorance might be bliss, but your can take this to the bank. G. W. Bush never demeaned Clinton or said nary a word against any democrats in his 4 years in office and the 18 months he has been out of office. It isn't Presidential to do so. Clinton and Obama, don't see it that way and they are always pointing and yelling Bush did it!.

One thing they don't yell about is the nuber of Jobs Bush generated in his 8 years. Look it up.

Last month Obama's stimulis effort wit Trillions of dollars spent generated 26,000 new jobs or an average of less than 300 jobs per state in a nation with 308 Milion people. Bush generated 851,000 jobs in one month in the months after the 9/11/2001 attack. he did it with tax cuts. That's a fact, and it is in the stats.

Obama is a failure. 12 Trillion dollars in Stimulis Money with almost 50% of it not spnt yeat and he hasn't generated enough jobs in a year to even hit 100,000 new jobs. The Green Jobs boast is hot air. He has given millions to his followers, to the unions and generated quite a few goverment jobs that do not produce profit or tax revenue. He has ignored the real generator of job growth, the private sector. He is a flop and failure.

The Bush TARP money lent tothe banks is almost all paid back with interest. The Obama Administration can't even tell us where the Trillions spent went.

Disgusting and Scairy as hell. The G-20 meeting told him he was nots to try another stimulis. They don not have the money and they are cutting their deficets and reducing txes to stimulat grouth in their private sectors, so their recoveries will generate revenues to help stem the fall in their economies.

Barak Hussien Obama is a shell game artist. Mmm, mmm, mmmmm!

Don`t let factual history stop you sir beers.gif

So Bush Jr. is demeaning,

but Obummer is a POS is business as usual?

I think policing your OWN is more effective.

ya get more points when YOUR side crosses the line then you do when it works against ya.

and with all the vulgarities hurled at Obama each and every day, I am shocked to see a right winger bristle at "Bush Jr."

but hypocrisy is the calling card for Partisans.

I posted it before

politics have evolved where party first country second

if you are the minoirty party, you don't win seats by working with the other side, You win seats by throwing bricks at the other side.

It stinks, but I understand the tactic.

View PostSo Bush Jr. is demeaning,

but Obummer is a POS is business as usual?

I think policing your OWN is more effective.

ya get more points when YOUR side crosses the line then you do when it works against ya.

and with all the vulgarities hurled at Obama each and every day, I am shocked to see a right winger bristle at "Bush Jr."

but hypocrisy is the calling card for Partisans.

I mainly chose to respond to "Bush jr" because I personally have written that and then decided that it was innapropriate. I don't like name-calling, and in particular about the president and have spoken out about it before. Quite frankly I couldn't or wouldn't respond to all the needless "nasty" here.naughty.gif

Surely part of the reason of responding to RJ's point was not to garner "points" as if this is a game but to establish a dialogue especially after previously arguing with him. Sure, there is hypocrisy and one side sure seems to be better at being worse. That being said, I try to resist chosing sides.

I am impressed you have the cajones to call it like you see it thoughwink.gif

View Post

I am impressed you have the cajones to call it like you see it thoughwink.gif

I was a young lad when I thought I would be "adult" and let a comment fly about Nixon. It seemed very trendy to bash him and my parents were Democrats.

I got quite the angry lecture from father explaining that while he didn't like Nixon he was the President. And while it is ok to be VERY critical of the President, it's important to always be respectful of the office.

It stuck with me.

Years later I remember Arsenio Hall being Glib about Bush Sr.

and right wing radio taking him for task in an almost identical tirade.

specifically Bob Grant.

and I agreed with them.

So imagine my suprise a couple years later when this very Bob Grant was hurling all sorts of vile names and vulgar terms at one Bill Clinton, Democrat.

It's always easy to demand respect for YOUR guy,

It's easy to take someone to task for disrespecting YOUR guy.

harder to show respect for THEIR guy,

and FAR more meaningful when you tell the people ON YOUR SIDE, to knock it off, when they are letting vulgar terms and insults fly about someone on the other side.

I was just taken aback that "Bush Jr." would raise an eyebrow,

while we have been awash in such a vicious onslaught of Obama for months now.