Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HeadleyLane86

10 inch Berkley power worms

5 posts in this topic

I almost always go with the zoom ol monster when I am getting a big worm with a tail but I thought to mix it up and try a different brand so I got the berkley. Once I took them out of the package I noticed right away that they arent round, you know what they look like if you fish em. But they have been verrry unstable for me and I am not sure if it is my presentation or if they are just an unstable bait. I rigged them like I have rigged all my ol monsters and they spin and wobble the entire way in making the hook extemely visible. I rig them dead straight texas style with or without weight and both seemed to produce the same wobble. Any input would be helpful as I feel they can be a fish catcher if i can just get them running sexy in the water. Thanks

I fish them all the time, Ive never had that problem, what kind of hook are you using and what size? I usually use a 5/0 EWG on them, Ive gone up to a 7/0 as well, and have caught well with both.

I have also had them tear up a little from a fish and then proceeded to rig them through their side and still have great results.

ahhhh that could be it i have been using 4/0 ewg because i cant find bigger anywhere around me i think they have all been bought up but i will def grab some, thanks alot for the help I figured someone on here fishes them and like i said i can tell they are catchers just thought something was wrong. When you rig them texas do you go up through the flat side making that the bottom or rig them through another side? I noticed that when you rig them with the flat side down the tail lays flat not up or down, just different to me cause i usually rig with tail up.

yeah i rig them making the flat side the bottom. like i said if they get torn up i will move the hook up or down on the bait and have also rigged through the side with no difference in performance