Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gonesurffishin

Ur Favorite Reel To Use From The Surf

Rate this topic

74 posts in this topic

if you had to choose 1 reel to put on ur favorite rod to make long casts & bring in a good size fish from the surf , what would it be & to make it more intersting ..... with little to no upgrades on the reel. the rod i use 9 out of 10 times is my st.croix (asrc100m).

i have alot of fishing gear as everyone on this site does but i find myself going back to my trust worthy abu 6500cs rocket over & over and the only thing i have changed are the drag washers. they are priced rite and are very cheap to maintain in good conditions all year round........ok , so lets hear what ya like using.............thankz, ray

highfive.gif

Im have a ZB22 which I love but cant stop fishing my VS150. It balances prefectly on My 9' Legend. The 150 feel s rigth at home on my 8' rod so i would say it is my favorite. I upgraded the knob to a bailed knob and that was a a game changer for me. I feel more confident while landing a big fish the old knob used to get lost in my palm.

View Post to make long casts & bring in a good size fish from the surf

I'll grab my AVETS every time. (along with 8nbait thrown over the bar, it meets the above criteria more consistently.)

Daiwa Saltist 20H. It will do everything except for pencil poppers. For that I use the same reel as the first poster, right down to the new power handle.biggrin.gif

View PostThe Rocket is a very good choice. But for me, this year it's the Okuma Contura 203. Smooth as it can be!smile.gif

how big is that reel compared to the 6500 ?? i also use the trinidad 14 when i dont want a levelwind reel.......very nice and how much does that cost?? ............ thankz, ray

View PostShimano Trinidad 30's for baitcasting from shore for Uluas.

how much distance can u get with the 30 and with what rod ?? .......... thankz, ray