Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishbrains12345

no bass to show

16 posts in this topic

bites been of and the only thing im catchin them on are crayfish, minnows, and the occasional crank bait. i have never used a buzzbait and dont kno where to start, topwaters not produceing and im tired of buying bait, any special like worm rigs or jigs, ect. i should try. i picked up this jig weedless with a skirt from dicks and have tried it with no luck, how mshould i fish it?

...any advice

,fishbrainsconfused.gifcwm15.gif

oh yah and it not time on the water cuz im goin fishing 5 times a week.

Please try senkos and get back to us.

The%20Mo2.jpg

Toss out, let them fall naturally. If you like you can add a few twitches by raising your rod tip a couple times. You'll catch fish I guarantee it.

what type of water are you fishing? a brief description might be the ticket cause fishing in the right spots can be as important as throwing the right bait or matching the right bait.

View PostPlease try senkos and get back to us.

The%20Mo2.jpg

Toss out, let them fall naturally. If you like you can add a few twitches by raising your rod tip a couple times. You'll catch fish I guarantee it.

x2

View PostPlease try senkos and get back to us.

The%20Mo2.jpg

i have been they arnt even biteing the senkos. im fishing a shallower area maybe 2-15 ft. mostliy open water with a few trees in the water and a scum like weed at the bottom weed on top in some areas.

icon26.gif Need more details on where you are fishing. What State? Maybe its the POST SPAWN period which can be very difficult. Not catching is part of fishing. Hang in there.

View Posttry early morning or in the evening when it cools off....its getting hard in the dog days of summer

You can catch fish mid-day, if you slow down the approach, dangle tasty foods in front of bass's faces always works. Jig n trailer never failed me even in the 90+ days last week at noontime. Cast it to structure, let it fall, you should feel the bite with braid but with mono watch your line even more carefully. Set the hook after making sure the fish has the jig in its mouth. In fact pulled up my PB fish on jig n trailer during an hour where most people would not even try fishing. The trick is to fish structure. Where there is no structure and just open shallow water, there are no fish during the day. Structure includes fallen wood, underwater weeds, top water weed, docks, pilings, etc. Anything where bass can hide themselves from the hot sun and have easy pickins at bait flowing by will be a prime target spot. Fishing the open water is a waste of time. You have to identify and target structure with a slow falling bait.

View Postactually i think i have found the cure. i was at alpine lake from thursday till today and it is SUNFISH. put one in fron of a bass and they will eat it if there big enouf.highfive.gif

You should check if this is legal in your area. Some states do not permit sunfish to be used as bait.

View PostYou should check if this is legal in your area. Some states do not permit sunfish to be used as bait.

Depends, some places allow bait fish, others dont. Sunfish are already here underneath almost every dock ive ever been on, so i dont know if theyd be considered bait fish or not.