Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noncontributingzero

Can I have some free plug-

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

-advice?

I'm not a very experienced fisherman, but I've been lurking on these forums for the past month or so and I've learned a lot. So, thank you everyone for contributing and making this site such a great resource.

Here's my question:

If you could only have a small handful of lures, what would they be?

I'm heading to Oak Island, NC on Saturday with my family for our annual vacation, and I want to avoid getting skunked like I have the past few years. We usually only use bait, but this year I want to try lures in hopes of actually catching some fish.

We will be fishing mostly from the shore (with an occasional visit to the pier) and while I'm not targeting any species in particular, I wouldn't mind catching something bigger for a change.

I have bought some freshwater stuff this year that I've been practicing with in the local lakes with little success. Today I bought a 20MR Mirrolure in black/purple and a 2oz Gotcha plug in white/orange. I plan on buying a couple more lures when I get down to the beach. Which ones do you guys recommend?

Oh yeah, I have a 12' Ugly Stik and a 7' Zebco. The Ugly Stik is kind of heavy, but would it be ridiculous if I used it with artificials?

Thanks in advance.

you had me at zebco....I hope this is an old member Joshing, if not in the few days ive been here this place has turned into Unicef......let the ball breaking beginbeatin.gifbeatin.gif

View Postyou had me at zebco....I hope this is an old member Joshing, if not in the few days ive been here this place has turned into Unicef......let the ball breaking beginbeatin.gifbeatin.gif

i think he's making fun of all the free gear threads. you missed the first word - advise. tricked me at first too but with that name maybe your right about an old member lol

View Posti think he's making fun of all the free gear threads. you missed the first word - advise. tricked me at first too lol

oh I know, but to break up the seriousness lets just keep this rolling so we can bash someone, and not have stuff deleted since its not real

View Posti think he's making fun of all the free gear threads. you missed the first word - advise. tricked me at first too but with that name maybe your right about an old member lol

You got it, except for the old member part. Longtime lurker would be more appropriate.

Are people really gonna make me write some kinda guidelines as to when it would be appropriate to ask for lures for free? Technically, isn't asking for lures, even for free, a version of soliciting? I think we're gonna have to add a new rules that there's no begging for free lures here...it's starting to get old quick.

I realize this is a satirical thread, but the point it makes is serious. If the noncontributingzero would like to stick around and participate, choose an available, appropriate username and I'll change your username for you.

TimS

Im in too, this is not UNICEF folks! If you would like to pan-handle go to NYC, at least those people dance in funny clothes, or play the drums on spackle buckets for their cash

View PostIm in too, this is not UNICEF folks! If you would like to pan-handle go to NYC, at least those people dance in funny clothes, or play the drums on spackle buckets for their cash

and even wash your windshield with a dirty rag headscratch.gif