Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stewie

Cabelas

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Watch out for Cabelas merchandise. I have a Cabelas inflatable PFD. The little valve in emargency inflate tube is broken. First they told me that the item was discontinued. When I have them the item number from a current catalog, they told me that the item is foreign made and therefore they don't carry parts for it. I have spent a lot of money with them and do most of my everyday purchases with their credit card. I think I have about $100 in Cabelas bucks(reward points for credit card use). All my Cabelas catalogs are now in the recycle bin, and my credit card from them is cut up into small pieces.

I wouldn't buy anything with their brand name on it.cwm13.gif

cork suckers told me I was SOL when I told them my hodgman wading boots sole just fell off after about 15 uses. They said they only offer a 60 day warranty with non cabelas products..and hodgman just got sold to coleman.. mad.gif I with ya.. eff'um!

View Postcork suckers told me I was SOL when I told them my hodgman wading boots sole just fell off after about 15 uses. They said they only offer a 60 day warranty with non cabelas products..and hodgman just got sold to coleman.. mad.gif I with ya.. eff'um!

I had an uglystik I bought back when the store opened here and last year I took it back with the receipt and they gave me a shiny new one, no questions asked other then what was wrong with it.

Accually I just checked thier website and it does say 90 days headscratch.gif

Is that something they changed in the last year? Becuase I had no issues returning that ugly stik and it was like 4 years old.

Dude, I feel your pain.

I had the gardian 3500 auto/manual on while I was at Cape Helopen, DE last 4th July.

I flipped the yak(non-intentional) and the thing did not deploy, it comes set on auto, but you have to arm it (which I did a few months prior). Again, it did not deploy (even yanking on the pull cord)! I was hanging on to my yak with one hand and Atlantaking grabbing the other only to let go while I attempt to get my self back in. After several tries, I was out of breath to even blow into the tube..after 30mins or so, a boat nearby who has been watching came to get me out.

I've spent $$ testing the thing since then, and have it set to manual now..but still wonder if it was my fault or was it a defective cylinder that came with itredface.gif .

View PostI had an uglystik I bought back when the store opened here and last year I took it back with the receipt and they gave me a shiny new one, no questions asked other then what was wrong with it.

Accually I just checked thier website and it does say 90 days headscratch.gif

Is that something they changed in the last year? Becuase I had no issues returning that ugly stik and it was like 4 years old.

Ugly sticks have a 5yr warrany..

I didn't expect warranty repair, I broke the part myself. But I thought parts should be available from the company with their name on the product. The part is probably the same on all inflatable PFDs. It is the valve in the rubber inflate by mouth tube. I'll go to a marine store and see if the Mustangs have a similar valve. With a little luck, I'll be able to get a replacement part from them.biggrin.gif

I called and asked them to stop sending me catalogs and fliers. They said it would take two months to stop, but they would do so.

limiting other manufacturer's warranties i can understand...

but they got rid of their lifetime warranty on Cabela's labelled fishing rods.... now it's 1 year... fine i can accept that.... but even if the stuff you bring back was purchased before they changed their policy and was purchased under the lifetime warranty??? ... suddenly anything you purchased assuming a lifetime warranty was voided, and shortened to 1 year... which means suddenly there was no warranty anymore...

Penny wise and pound foolish, they have lost hundreds of dollars a year in purchases and credit card gains from me.headscratch.gif

Now I have to go get another credit card.cwm13.gif

View Postdamn it ! Are we calling a boycott ? Let me know.Removing from favorites.Unsubscribing from email.cwm15.gif

No, I just wouldn't buy anything with their name on it, unless it is something you wouldn't service, like a shirt, or fishing line.

View PostIf you look around you can usually find anything they sell cheaper somewhere else. Their stores are amazing however.

Absolutely,,,one of the most expensive stores I visited in the last few years. I stopped there few weeks ago on my way back from Maryland...All I bought from them was 12 oz. sinker and even that was over priced....frown.gif