Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Possum

nats

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

geez...I kinda hate to admit it at this point, but I watched every inning of the National's series with the O's over the weekend and watched every inning last nite...

a glutton for punishment I guess...redface.gif

my conclusion=Manager Jim Riggleman has got to go right now...

icing on the cake was sending the golden child..Strasburg...up to bat in the 7th last nite in a 0-o game with 2 outs and the winning run on 2nd...The Kid had pitched long enough...he was awesome against the Braves hitters up to that point,but it was clearly time to send up a pinch hitter and go to the bullpen

Big Steve was totally out of gas in the bottom of the 7th...he walked the first Atlanta hitter...ball 4 was nearly a WP...again,it was clearly time to go the the bullpen...but Riggleman left him in and The Kid got creamed...

Helen Keller could have seen that coming...

This was after the team blew a 6 run, a 5 run and a 3 run lead to lose three straight to the pitiful O's...

Any other Nats fans here feeling the pain??

View PostAlso looks like Strasburg is getting the Pedro treatment. No run support....frown.gif

When will Bryce Harper be available?

I watched that game last night - the kid deserved a better fate. I guess he also lost his last game due to no run support, by a score of 1-0

Went down to see O's play Marlins before the Nats series and came to the conclusion that they need to find somebody quick and get Samuel out of there for making a lot of the same bonehead moves. The fact that Samuel out did Riggleman over the weekend says it all.

I rarely watch the Nationals but they did seem to turn it around last year when he took over and got off to a good start this year but it's all falling apart now.

I went to the game on Sunday. Sat in the 10th row, third base side right over the dugout. Beautiful day, great stadium, terrific seats, ballpark was 2/3 empty, but the game was pretty exciting. Also the guy 2 seats from me almost had a foul ball, but it was a screamer and it bounced off his hand.

View PostWent down to see O's play Marlins before the Nats series and came to the conclusion that they need to find somebody quick and get Samuel out of there for making a lot of the same bonehead moves. The fact that Samuel out did Riggleman over the weekend says it all.

I rarely watch the Nationals but they did seem to turn it around last year when he took over and got off to a good start this year but it's all falling apart now.

We made Samuel look like a baseball genius over the weekendbiggrin.gif

I was onboard with Riggleman even after the Nats swooned at the end of last season....I figured that a big part of it was losing Niger Morgan to injury....

we hung tough at about 500 for a while.but Riggleman is making all the wrong moves lately...real basic stuff...like letting Clippard pitch to righties in key spots...headscratch.gif

Hanging Strasburg out to dry against the Braves was just too much...mad.gif

View PostHow in the world did he walk a .155 hitter - pathetic

It must have been "nap time" in the Mets dugout and in the bullpenbiggrin.gif

> Mets pitcher flubbed Nyjer Morgan's 9th inning bunt too......

It looks like the NATS have snapped out of their slump...

still plenty of time to climb out of the celler and overtake the Bravessmile.gif

I can't wait to see Strasburg on Sat...have you watched him pitch yet Suds?

Pretty darn good ballgame for us NATS fans...

Strasburg got outpitched...by a mile...by Dickey, who was outstanding...

Riggleman bumbled around...pulled The Kid, actually put a pitcher in as a pinch hitter at one point, and handed the 2-2 game to Cilppard, who did his best to give it away...

It was great to see the NATS hang in there and pull it out...KRod was way off his game....Adam Dunn actually hit a walk off grand slam(the ball hit the pipe that holds the top of the fence up and bounced back onto the field)...umps went to look at the film but should have looked behind the fence instead...the top of the fence is cushioned, no way the ball would bounce back like it did unless it hit the pipe...

anyway...Pudge came thru with a big RBI hit and we are one game closer to getting out of the cellar...clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Padres in town tonite...looking to extend their 4 game lead over the Dodgers in the West...

Rockies will be following with interest too..

another tough series, but we have a shot playing at home...

View PostPadres in town tonite...looking to extend their 4 game lead over the Dodgers in the West...

Rockies will be following with interest too..

another tough series, but we have a shot playing at home...

Got to hand it to you, you're a diehard fan. You're the same way I am with the Seahawks. I think they call it hopelessly optimistic.

Walkoff win!

HR by Zimmerman pulled the game out of the fire...clapping.gifhighfive.gif

NATS probably deserved to lose this one...

Clippard did his best to give the game away as usual...

Riggleman needs to get a grip and stop letting this guy pitch when we have a lead...

Clippard is a "mop up guy" at best..Highlite of the game was a great defensive play by Pudge to prevent a run in the top of the 9th...the guy is amazin...

awesome...another win against the Padres tonite..

3 HR by Dunn should have made it a cakewalk but the game was a real nailbiter as usual...

a win tomorrow gets us the series sweep and then Strasburg goes against the Giants Fri...

yeah baby...things are looking up!!

Well I watched tonite for a while and switched over to watch the LeBron "Decision"...

What a crock of manure that was...

When I went back to the ballgame, we were hopelessly behind,,

a sweep by the NATS would have been sweet..

win some, lose some...

still, we won the series against an excellent Padres team and helped the Dodgers out a little bit...

Another home game tomorrow in the unrelenting heat.....

Strasburg v Giants

Should be good!